Burstner Delfin t821 Searching (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi I am looking for the above van to buy im also looking for any info god or bad but keep drawing a blank. If anyone knows an owner of this van I would love to ask them a few questions or perhaps someone knows of one I have seen a few and its 99%sure its what I want. I am waiting on a dealer to come back with me with some info but they are failing badly so far so they look unlikely to sell there one to me, 30k plus sale and they fail to communicate the mind bogles.
Alternatively does anyone know of a similar layout but different make ? we are after 4 berth 4 belted seats garage room to lounge and a good carrying capacity.
Thanks for reading any help advice be much appreciated Paul
forgot to say prefer the earlier 3.0 engine 06/07

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry, can't help. I have the t680 and although disappointed at first really pleased now that I am getting used to all the workings .... disappointed on mpg still. Were you trying through Timberland?

If not, then might be worth you phoning them but again you could have communication problems.... worth a try though.. If no-one answers ... keep bumping your post as they move so quickly down the list. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
No not Timberlands I did get contact eventually to say van was sold :rolleyes: Have you the 2.5 or 3.0 is it realy bad on fuel ? any problems ?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We have a T680 on the 3 litre Renault. Best mpg we can get is 27 sitting at 60/65 ish on a long run. I use it as my everyday runaround too and it averages 24 mpg then.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
There one on ebay. Im sure its been on a few times before and not sold. Might be worth a look.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ours is on an 05 plate with 75k on the clock now. The only problem we had was down to the E Box which we got replaced under warranty shortly after we bought it. A couple of the heavy connectors with screw fixings on the front of the box had got too hot, don’t remember what they were used for but it may have been the fridge supply and it had burned out some component or other inside. We had two 110 ah batteries fitted, instruction book says it can handle up to 350 ah but A&N services ( E box experts ) says the built in charger can struggle at much lower amperages. We’re back to one 110 ah leisure battery now and I’m thinking of fitting a solar panel but will contact A&N first.
The Renault Master is a great base vehicle, has loads of power and the chassis doesn’t lean or roll on corners or when being passed by hgv’s compared to my mate’s Autotrail Apache. Bad points, the cup holders are useless :)

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Ours is on an 05 plate with 75k on the clock now. The only problem we had was down to the E Box which we got replaced under warranty shortly after we bought it. A couple of the heavy connectors with screw fixings on the front of the box had got too hot, don’t remember what they were used for but it may have been the fridge supply and it had burned out some component or other inside. We had two 110 ah batteries fitted, instruction book says it can handle up to 350 ah but A&N services ( E box experts ) says the built in charger can struggle at much lower amperages. We’re back to one 110 ah leisure battery now and I’m thinking of fitting a solar panel but will contact A&N first.
The Renault Master is a great base vehicle, has loads of power and the chassis doesn’t lean or roll on corners or when being passed by hgv’s compared to my mate’s Autotrail Apache. Bad points, the cup holders are useless :)

Reading there site they are anti solar interesting reading

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Reading there site they are anti solar interesting reading
Yeah, they make a lot of sense, but I hate to hear genny’s running on site and like our Gaslow system, I don’t think you can put a price on the convenience value of solar.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don;t know who he was but there was a gentleman at the Sandy meet with the van you are looking for............ WOW... It was stunning. He had done it up with a marine type decor... it was beautiful... soooo envious... His name was Paul and maybe Brewery Dave might know who he was so that you can contact him....

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
We had a delphin 821 on a Renault. At the time we couldn't find anything else like it . Needed front facing seats and belts and we scoured the shows to find alternatives just to make us feel better about parting with so much money!! It was registered 2006 and was a lovely van apart from the electrics. For two years we struggled losing power over many a weekend. Running heating was a real power problem and sometimes even fridge began defrosting due to totally flat batteries. After two years it was referred to Jeff fielding at clitheroe..... Brilliant man who finally found wiring loom was trapped between floor and chassis. Problems solved! However we'd lost faith and were seduced by the 821 a class . Guess what ..... Power problems with that one too! Think burstners must be power hungry beasts or maybe we were just unlucky. Finally found that a cell was down in one of three batteries and was dragging others down. However electric problems aside we loved the van .

Both always felt solid, spacious , good quality and lovely to drive.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Mrs.BB. I once more had a loss of power this last journey.... I couldn't go over forty mph on the motorway for about three miles..... Then suddenly it cleared... :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back