Burstner Brevio (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
Back in February we bought a new to us Burstner, (2016). We had a couple of weekends away before lockdown and have had a few weekends away since July. In September we did the Scottish NC500.

When we got home as I was washing the van I noticed a a small crack in the body work (see attached) and contacted the company we bought it from. Long story short they said they would contact the insurers the use to offer a warranty. I have just received this email

"I have chased this up today and unfortunately MB&G have refused this under the warranty terms. I would recommend looking for a local GRP repair person as this would be the cheapest and easiest way of repairing the crack."

Any thoughts ?
Andy

Attachments

• Crack 1.jpg
    Crack 1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 110
  • Crack.png
    Crack.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 108

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Stress crack maybe.
I'm sure someone will have an idea which is the best way to repair.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does not look like grp looks like plastic to me you may be able to get it plastic welded.
In the meantime drill a small hole at the end of the crack to stop it going any further.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Andy1954
Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your replies, I think it must be a stress crack, will drill a small hole at the end to stop the spread and am contacting a local repairer who worked on brother in laws bumper last year and made a good job. To be honest I'm a little taken aback that something like this is not covered by the warranty
Thanks again
Andy

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Unfortunately warranties have a lot of small print which more or less tells you that very little is covered.
Because these warranty companies are in business to make money they have to reduce risk of anyone
making a successful claim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back