Free Member
Jul 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi everyone
I’m looking for recommendations for fitting roof rails to a Burstner Aviano i675g, to carry surfboards. I’ve read a few discussions about whether or not to carry anything on the roof, with a few people thinking it’s not a good idea, but I’m out of options as I’m fulltiming and don’t have anywhere else to put the boards (they are longboards so don’t fit in the garage).

Tried fitting a buzz rack (tow bar rack) to the back and made an extending upright to secure the top of the boards, but that didn’t work, so for now they’re secured further up by strapping them to the bike rack. But there’s just too much wind pressure on the back wall of the van when driving, as they stick up over the full height of the van. Worried it’s going to rip the bike rack off (image attached of current set up)!
D2A91FCD-DBA7-450D-88C3-39206AC5107D.jpeg

So, I’m looking to fit roof rails, and just wondered if anyone has had their own fitted to an Aviano i675g, and if so, which ones, and where did you get them fitted? Trying to get Newport caravans to fit them (South Wales) but they seem either really busy or reluctant.

Any advice/suggestions as to where to get rails fitted near South Wales would be very greatly appreciated.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome! :hi: Hope my post will bump this thread into Recent & someone will be along to advise soon as know some on here do carry canoes & there are lots of Welsh Funsters.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would be reluctant to fit a roof rack. All the weight high up will affect vehicle handling and the stresses it loads on the mounting points through the roof will cause leaks sooner or later

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back