• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Burstner Aviano/Hymer a class etc (1 Viewer)

timsdomain

Free Member
Jan 14, 2015
Baildon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
since 2000
Hello, we are looking for a new motorhome, (just sold ours) we are based in West Yorkshire so the closer the better. if you know of anyone selling a van that roughly fits the following spec i would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. (Im struggling to find one at the local dealers)
Under £40k
must have minimum of 3 belted seats preferably 4 or more
fixed rear bed
large garage
drop down or fixed front cabin bed
roof rack
cruise control
air suspension
FSH

Thanks
Tim

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
What sort of fixed bed, island French traverse, high or low?
Dinette or side sofa?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timsdomain

timsdomain

Free Member
Jan 14, 2015
Baildon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
since 2000
Thanks that's the sort of thing, not sure about lhd, are the auto boxes any good on these?
Cheers
Tim

OP
OP
timsdomain

timsdomain

Free Member
Jan 14, 2015
Baildon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
since 2000
Thanks - That's amazing! just slightly over my budget!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks that's the sort of thing, not sure about lhd, are the auto boxes any good on these?
Cheers
Tim

Far too expensive, it will never sell for that sort of money, especially as the gearbox is the sprintshift not the full torque converter auto. Leave that one well alone.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks a lot! :moon2:

Sorry I wasn't talking about your van but the Hymer 700 2005 model that was linked to, the mercedes sprintshift gearbox one, would leave well alone.
Yours looks a cracker, sorry for the confusion.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I think you are very wrong and misleading for buyers @CrazPaul. The SprintShift is a fantastic gearbox for a Motorhome just not very good for an idiot white van-man who thinks he is a boy racer. Mine hasn't hiccoughed in 107k fully loaded at 4 tonn. I would always pick a SprintShift over the full torque converter.
Sorry @timsdomain

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hey one mans meat and all that

I,ve known quite a few with them as MH's and they've gone wrong regularly, been expensive to fix and been unreliable. Merc dropped it too.

I like a manual or a proper auto torque converter as our big Hymer was.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hey one mans meat and all that

I,ve known quite a few with them as MH's and they've gone wrong regularly, been expensive to fix and been unreliable. Merc dropped it too.

I like a manual or a proper auto torque converter as our big Hymer was.
Just because you don't like them there is no reason to slag off every advert for them you see. Merc. dropped them because they don't suit the average delivery driver doing mostly short stop starts with foot to the floorboards in between, which the majority of Sprinters are. Many, many small coaches doing longer runs have no trouble at all and in general, Motorhomes which are also usually driven more respectfully do not fail. I suspect that your probably very small sample is unrepresentative.
Again apologies to the OP for the hijacked post.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just because you don't like them there is no reason to slag off every advert for them you see. Merc. dropped them because they don't suit the average delivery driver doing mostly short stop starts with foot to the floorboards in between, which the majority of Sprinters are. Many, many small coaches doing longer runs have no trouble at all and in general, Motorhomes which are also usually driven more respectfully do not fail. I suspect that your probably very small sample is unrepresentative.
Again apologies to the OP for the hijacked post.

I am slagging off the advert mainly because it is about £10,000 overpriced, but yes also I don't like the sprintshift. I know someone else on here that had a nightmare with his. I prefer full autos or manuals it is true.

I could have bought a 2005 Hymer starline 700 for £33000 private sale this year, lovely condition, that's 10k cheaper, the one advertised is massively overpriced even for a dealer and I don't want the starter of this thread to pay way over the odds.

OP
OP
timsdomain

timsdomain

Free Member
Jan 14, 2015
Baildon
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
since 2000
Hello, we are looking for a new motorhome, (just sold ours) we are based in West Yorkshire so the closer the better. if you know of anyone selling a van that roughly fits the following spec i would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. (Im struggling to find one at the local dealers)
Under £40k
must have minimum of 3 belted seats preferably 4 or more
fixed rear bed
large garage
drop down or fixed front cabin bed
roof rack
cruise control
air suspension
FSH

Thanks
Tim

this thread seems to have gone a bit off topic!
i would like some help with the following van if anyone has any knowledge on tag axles i would appreciate it as its the only reason i can think of not to buy it. can you use tag axles in france ok? doe it make turning them a pig?
cheers
tim

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
this thread seems to have gone a bit off topic!
i would like some help with the following van if anyone has any knowledge on tag axles i would appreciate it as its the only reason i can think of not to buy it. can you use tag axles in france ok? doe it make turning them a pig?
cheers
tim
You can drive tag axles everywhere provided your license allows it ie typically tags are over 3.5t.
Turning them is not a pig provided the van has power steering which it will almost certainly have.
The turning circle does tend to be a bit larger of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back