Burstner Aviano. How big is the fuel tank? (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The question is in the title.
Shock, Horror. I had a look in the online manual and discovered that the new owner could order a 120Lt. tank to be fitted.
On the assumption that the first owner wouldn't have ordered the bigger tank because the first thing he did was to go to SV Tech to have it downrated, (thereby avoiding losing more payload) can anyone say what the standard tank is, married to the 3Lt Iveco engine.

On a similar theme, does everyone know that the water tank has a tap that, when opened, limits the tank to 60Lts.
For clarity, ours is a 2011 model.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
It will be 90ltr or 120ltr don't think the 60ltr was available in 2011 it has just been added to the " lets loose weight club" by manufacturers on the X290 Ducato also for the accommodation of the adblue tank as you can't get a 120ltr tank on a adblue.

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Irrelevant to you I know, but our 2007 Aviano has the 90 litre tank with the Ford 2.2 engine.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I think our 2011 3.0 Fiat based AlKo chassid Rapido is the same base and has a 90l tank

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fairly certian the standard tank is 90 lt with the option of a 120 lt long range tank.

The water tank will have a drain valve that allows you to drop the water level to 20 Lt they say its for travelling but just a way of getting a higher payload figure.

If its been downplated I would be wary of payload a van with a 3 Lt engine will be very difficult to run at 3.5t.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Fairly certian the standard tank is 90 lt with the option of a 120 lt long range tank.

The water tank will have a drain valve that allows you to drop the water level to 20 Lt they say its for travelling but just a way of getting a higher payload figure.

If its been downplated I would be wary of payload a van with a 3 Lt engine will be very difficult to run at 3.5t.
Take on board what you say Lenny.
We're poised like coiled cobras behind the letterbox waiting for the postman delivering the uprated v5c back from Swansea.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We're poised like coiled cobras behind the letterbox waiting for the postman delivering the uprated v5c back from Swansea.
Don't hold your breath Derek I have been waiting since August for our v5šŸ¤ž

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
But will they get it right, their normal trick is to change the revenue weight but leave the MAM at the old weight. On the last van it took them over 4 months to get it right.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning Lenny,

I noticed that on the Form that was required to put the weight up, they asked??? that one only fill in that part of the Form that required alteration.

From reading previous correspondence on here where Funsters had fallen foul of DVLA and them doing exactly as you describe, I filled in EVERY part of the Form.
They couldn't accuse me of only partially filling it in and not guiding them to only partially alter the Form.

One cannot be criticised for giving TOO MUCH information.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't hold your breath Derek I have been waiting since August for our v5šŸ¤ž

Thing is, they demand that in order to uprate the weight, the vehicle has to be taxed. Presently, I am paying the higher rate of VED. For every month they drag their feet, I am paying a Tenner more than is necessary per month (ball park) and because of Lockdown, I am paying Ā£270 a year for something I am not able to use.

Yes. taken in isolation it's a trifle but overall, it's a hell of an amount of money they are getting without justification.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Morning Lenny,

I noticed that on the Form that was required to put the weight up, they asked??? that one only fill in that part of the Form that required alteration.

From reading previous correspondence on here where Funsters had fallen foul of DVLA and them doing exactly as you describe, I filled in EVERY part of the Form.
They couldn't accuse me of only partially filling it in and not guiding them to only partially alter the Form.

One cannot be criticised for giving TOO MUCH information.
You have to explain to them in words of one syllable that as well as the revenue weight the MAM on line F.1 also needs changing.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Thing is, they demand that in order to uprate the weight, the vehicle has to be taxed. Presently, I am paying the higher rate of VED. For every month they drag their feet, I am paying a Tenner more than is necessary per month (ball park) and because of Lockdown, I am paying Ā£270 a year for something I am not able to use.

Yes. taken in isolation it's a trifle but overall, it's a hell of an amount of money they are getting without justification.
I can't change the reg over till we receive it back, phoned twice told they must have lost it and it would be Ā£25 for the pleasure, ending up sending a V62 and covering letter explaining everything again still waiting

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's a scandal that because of THEIR incompetence in not dealing with matters in a timely manner, they demand a Ā£25 fee for replacing a document that They have lost.
Either that or an army of Post Office workers are diverting mail for nefarious purposes, and, whilst I'm sure there must be some bad apples (as in any occupation) I cannot accept its as widespread as DVLA allude to.
In 'normal' life in dealing with a 'It's lost in the post' could be seen as an isolated example but we are now in a digital age where you, I and how many MHF members are in constant touch.

I'll be back with an idea in a bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back