Burstner A Class - Headlamp deflectors for Europe (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Serious thread for a change.....
What do owners of Burstner A class do to adapt their headlamps when heading across the other side of the Channel?
They have the small headlamps similar to the ones we had on our previous Rapido.
But the Rapido had a feature where you could rotate the headlamps a few degrees to adapt them without using beam benders or black tape. It required you to be experienced in keyhole surgery, to have three hands and to carry out the whole task using a mirror. And if you dropped one of the screws you were completely b*ggered. But once you had mastered the knack, the whole operation took only a few minutes.
I've scoured the Burstner manual but no mention of a similar feature. So what do you Burstner owners do? Black tape? Beam benders cut down to size? and if so where on the headlamps do you attach the damn things?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Mike

Bob & Jane posted this in a similar thread on the subject.

QUOTE=bobandjane;895964]Hi, not had a hymer, our eura mobil had switches on the headlights to adjust them for europe, but the older a class hymer you have 3 screws on the rear of the headlight, a bugger to do first time, but owners leave them so you can move them, and you just give them a turn and is not much when they go overseas. :thumb: Bob.

This : http://hymerinfo.com/index.php/8-technical-stuff/31-head-light-adjustment[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Thanks for this, don't know how I missed your reply.

Looks like Hymer have/had the same sort of system as Rapido. Burstner seems to have the same headlights but I can't see the screws at the back to make the adjustment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back