Burrs Country Park CC site , warden from hell ............ (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well just so you know bigmommas dad does seems to be getting through the pneumonia . its hoped he will get over it . but as he is getting on a bit might not come out of hospital.but fingers crossed for him.
i,m told the carthago was parked not in the gate way but back up the road n the parking area that is shown on the google post a bit earlier . and the pub next door sells food or should i say meals . the brown cow pub .
have fun .

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
At seven pages I would have thought that we have exhausted all there is to say on this subject!:)

I do hope so .......

but someone always needs to have the last word

guess that for now that is me then (y)

edit posted before I saw @vwalan health update, not meant to be flippant

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Trains used to have a penalty - was it £10? - for pulling that red emergency chain when there was no emergency. Perhaps the CC should put up a notice like that next to its emergency bell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not doing this to be last, but I find it a bit strange the op hasn't been back with a better explanation.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'd love to see them try and enforce that :rofl:

If they tried to implement it I'd be tempted to ring a few at 2am and ask if I can use the dump facilities just to see how the warder thinks he's going to be collecting £100 from me :rofl:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
What the.....
Is 9pm late? OMG !
2AM is late
Or may be the warden has had a really bad day and was well pissed off before you rung the bell. But then nobody on fun has a bad day and it's perfect all the time. The weather has been very hot and I bet a lot of tempers have been frayed over the last few days
a lot of us worked with people and knew,no matter how long the shift, how to treat our fellow man.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was £5 at one time!

Dave
We had a ride on the Peak Rail heritage railway a few weeks ago. I can't remember the amount but I think it was less than a fiver. I remember thinking it was ridiculously low for these days and just showed how inflation affected prices over the last 50 or 60 years :)

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Let me tell you a story................

I had been on duty all day until 8pm, doing what I do in my usual friendly and helpful way, emptying bins around the site, cleaning the toilets and showers, cutting grass and hedges to keep the site looking good for the comfort of all our customers, even helping some without motor movers to pitch their vans, providing information on local walking routes, bus timetables etc. and even at the end of the day, walking around the site and delivering barrier cards to 'customers' who had 'forgotten' to return to the site office to tell us what pitch they were on, all in a day's work. At 8pm that evening everyone who had booked onto our site had arrived, the computers were closed down ready for the following busy day, the safe was all locked up and the office was secured. Now we could go off duty, prepare, cook and eat our evening meal, the main meal of our very long day. Then we washed up and got our showers before hopefully spending a couple of hours relaxing before going to bed prior to yet another long and busy day. At 9:20pm my mobile phone rang, it was my mother, very distressed, informing me that my father, who suffers with Vascular Dementia, had been rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke. They discovered he had Pneumonia along with several other infections and that he was very seriously ill. Due to his condition he was unable to eat or drink and was far too weak to undergo surgery and that they could do nothing other than to make him comfortable and let nature take its course, he was dying !! At 9:25pm, whilst trying to console my mother and get as much information as I could, the internal Emergency Bell sounded, I told my mother that I was sorry but I had to go as I had to deal with an on-site emergency. When I got to the gate of my compound I saw two people stood at the office door, I shouted across 'Can I help you' to which they responded, "I know it's not an Emergency", to which I responded "Well I hope that it is". Now you know the rest of the story, and yes perhaps I was a little brusque in my manner for which I do regret in hindsight, however, your "I know this isn't an Emergency" and my real time personal Emergency were on different levels of urgency. I know that you could not have known what was going on in my personal life and I appreciate that you were trying to be a Good Samaritan, however, rather than go onto a public website and incite the kind of hatred shown here, you could perhaps have come into the office the following morning and stated your displeasure, at which point, having been able to explain 'my dilemma' you may have had a much more understanding opinion. I have a very pleasant, helpful demeanour, I have in the last month dealt personally with two real 'Emergencies' on site, both out of hours and both requiring urgent attendance of the Ambulance Service. I have helped customers who have locked themselves out of their vehicles and I go out of my way to go that extra mile, however, in one evening you have managed to make me look like an unpleasant ogre. I hope you never have a bad day yourself !!
Sorry about your issues but these people didn't know what was happening in your life. I worked and took care of my late husband with vascular dementia for five years, not a good time. You just HAVE to compartmentalise your life

Reactions: DBK

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I'd love to see them try and enforce that :rofl:

If they tried to implement it I'd be tempted to ring a few at 2am and ask if I can use the dump facilities just to see how the warder thinks he's going to be collecting £100 from me :rofl:
Aahh!,but that wont ever happen Nic as you have previously stated,,if I remember correctly,that you would not use club sites lol. Hahahaha

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Aahh!,but that wont ever happen Nic as you have previously stated,,if I remember correctly,that you would not use club sites lol. Hahahaha

No I wouldn't use them. I could still drive round ringing the emergency bells though. (y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Do you know, I was in the pub the other night and I had to leave because they were shutting! Inconsiderate bar stewards that's what I say!!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Time for all wardens of all clubs,to wear the sort of personal camera used by the police,perhaps then,all "Rudeness" real or imagined may stop......
We only have a snip of what transpired,often peoples attitude have a lot
Do you know, I was in the pub the other night and I had to leave because they were shutting! Inconsiderate bar stewards that's what I say!!
Hi
These landlords, still have no customer skills. In my younger days,a town centre pubs landlord used to ring a bell and shout." Enough,we are closing,lets see your A***'s (Bottoms) tonight and your faces tomorrow " It scared me for life,drove me to drink.
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back