Bureaucracy Arrrrrrrgh! Can anyone beat this? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am re-registering our MH in Poland, but first I need to pay import tax, or get an Exemption [Yes I know EU should be free trade], based on the MH being Personal Goods

To apply for the Exemption we had to send 10 documents(forms, photocopies, translation of V5C etc.), some with two pages.

In all of those pieces of Bumpf there was only one mention of exemption, which was a tiny box where one ticked 'Exemption' and wrote reason 'Personal Goods'. That was in 15 pages Oh Please!.

It took us 5 hours filling in all forms, photocopying, consulting Accountant and going to P.O. because there are no letterboxes in Poland.

Can anyone beat that for bureaucracy? If you can I am sorry for you.

Geoff

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I am re-registering our MH in Poland, but first I need to pay import tax, or get an Exemption [Yes I know EU should be free trade], based on the MH being Personal Goods

To apply for the Exemption we had to send 10 documents(forms, photocopies, translation of V5C etc.), some with two pages.

In all of those pieces of Bumpf there was only one mention of exemption, which was a tiny box where one ticked 'Exemption' and wrote reason 'Personal Goods'. That was in 15 pages Oh Please!.

It took us 5 hours filling in all forms, photocopying, consulting Accountant and going to P.O. because there are no letterboxes in Poland.

Can anyone beat that for bureaucracy? If you can I am sorry for you.

Geoff

You have never been to India .......

Aug 16, 2018
West Wiltshire
Funster No
Exp
Long time
Day and a half to get a car from the police at benalmadena, and a cost of 330 euro !
They didn't want it as it was an accident damaged smart car, but they don't make it easy !

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We could not apply for a different credit card from the same provider. 32 pages sent of unread stuff with the last 5 returned with 2 signatures for 2 cards.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
When I was moving from Spain to France I transferred my car to my mate, we spent one whole day going from department to department 5 in total spread all around Granada

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Why not just buy one in Poland ?

Because I have a high quality RHD MH, which because of RHD would be near impossible to sell here and logistically difficult in UK except at dealers' prices.

Because there are few 'A' Class high-quality MHs in Poland, never mind for sale.

Viewing anything for sale would require many kms motoring.

Because even the bureaucracy is probably less hassle than any of that above. Much just seems to be unnecessary - inherited from Communist times.

Geoff

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Please don't mention the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) in California who insisted on having Title documents on the vehicles I'd brought in from Rhode Island who had not issued them as the vehicles were over 10 years old. Not accepting this explanation, they insisted on a letter from the DMV in Rhode Island saying they would not issue said documents as the vehicles were over 10 years old!! Stalemate was finally broken by a copy of the Rhode Island's DMV website stating categorically that (guess what??) no title documents were issued to vehicles over 10 years old. I did, however, just to add to the confusion, include the original title documents from Texas where the vehicle originated.
Believe me, if you want bureaucracy at a mega level, go to the USA and embroil yourself in their DMV system........and I thought trying to get a US visa for my 6 month stay was horrendous!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back