Rally Chat BunkFest Festival Wallingford Oxon 1-3 September 2017 Funster Meet (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OUR VAN IS 7M SILKCUTS IS CONSIDERABLY BIGGER AND PETE AND SAL ARE IN THE MIDDLESO 7 8 AND 9 ROUGHLY
Thanks for sizes - which day & rough idea of time are you planning to arrive please?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
But with nobody we've heard of as such.
Unfortunately won't be back from our travels in time
Just because we haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't talented & if they are famous they aren't always good - all I can say is Paul Young! :giggle:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just because we haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't talented & if they are famous they aren't always good - all I can say is Paul Young! :giggle:
No and I absolutely agree with you. In fact I mainly preferred the tribute acts but it doesn't say what type of music it is. Such as Blues Festival says what it is but I don't know Bunk music.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes - you won't be the first!

I won't be at Bunkfest though - I'm stewarding at Fleetwood Folk & Blues Festival this weekend. It'll have to be another field another time.
Oh, you got me all excited for a minute!

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
The length of my motorhome is 8.8 metres

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
No and I absolutely agree with you. In fact I mainly preferred the tribute acts but it doesn't say what type of music it is. Such as Blues Festival says what it is but I don't know Bunk music.
According to the programme there are all sorts of music, rock, folk, fusions, country... It's a huge array of performers. Even Morris dancers!!!!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
According to the programme there are all sorts of music, rock, folk, fusions, country... It's a huge array of performers. Even Morris dancers!!!!
How tragic that we'll be away
download (2).jpg

How unmissable is that!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Absolutely - unfortunately I know a Morris dancer and he turns up everywhere I go, talk about bad pennies. How embarrassing is that!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive seen paul young 4 times and his voice was failing him on every occasion i suspect he is one of those better in a studio than live

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had a lovely time in the bar last night - thank you to everyone who joined us and supported the Sports park(y).
@mitzimad @petensal @Steve @Silkcut1105 @grumfy - there is an area taped off in site B for you. Please let the stewards know that you are with Motorhome Fun on arrival otherwise they will try to pitch you elsewhere.
If arriving after 2pm today Bunkfest will have already started (midday) and we may not be on the campsite so please pitch yourself appropriately and we look forward to seeing you when we get back. We will be able to let you know anything we know that isn't in the programme ( really worth buying) and the information sheet the campsite reception will give you. We are at far side of site B, middle to front rows - look for the Fun flags and our green pod.:)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Steve please can you message back asap to let us know if you are coming to this one - no worries if not but need to know either way as not fair to the Sports Park to keep a space taped off if you aren't coming. Tried to PM but not an option on your profile.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having a lovely time, up at the main stage at the Kinecroft. Great music, atmosphere, food and more ales than you can shake a stick at in the huge beer marquee! (y):drinks:

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Had a great time yesterday at Bunkfest thanks to Alan & Karen for organising. Enjoyed local group Carthorse who opened main stage and then went to see speciality act Ragtime. They are a couple of young people doing a music hall act of song dance and standing on an accordion whilst it is being played!
Much more to see today.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
A big thank you to Karen & Alan for the work that they did arranging this meet.
Until we all meet agin. Safe travels. John.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes indeed and sterling work from Alan trying to organise the pitching as the kids in charge of it didn't have a clue. It was a lovely small (select!) rally, and a very nice lot of Funsters! 3 lovely sunny days and today - rain, never mind!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you to everyone for joining us - it was a good albeit small meet & lovely to get to know a few more Funsters (y):) The Sports Park camping had good facilities - the volunteers just needed a little help with regards to fire lanes & pitching - amazing to see teenagers giving their time freely though. The frequent & speedy free shuttle bus was much appreciated especially late at night.
We enjoyed walks along the river & around the castle ruins as well as music (mostly folk/rock) & food & drink at the festival. For anyone considering BunkFest for next year it is a friendly festival full of mostly locals but can get a bit crowded & rowdy on Saturday afternoon & evening when many day visitors arrive from Didcot & Oxford. The pubs with live music do get packed out but the main stage has a screen alongside so possible to see those acts. There are several interesting shops including Lamb Arcade http://www.thelambarcade.co.uk/ which was a huge old building full of antiques & curios. The street market on Saturday & Sunday was a great place for lunch as so many foodie treats :inlove: Will add a few photos shortly.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
moto g5 plus 575.jpg

Scenic walks by the river

moto g5 plus 566.jpg

moto g5 plus 568.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Kinecroft main stage

moto g5 plus 605.jpg

Huge beer tent

moto g5 plus 563.jpg

Main stage by night

moto g5 plus 626.jpg

Sep 28, 2015
Farnham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Thanks again Karen and Alan for organising this, we had a great time really enjoyed it a great event we never knew about.
Hope to see you somewhere soon, Mike and Sue.

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Linda and I would also like to thank you both again.(Sorry for disturbing your lunch).
Could be that Paul and Sharon (Knight Templar) will be joining us next year.
Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back