Bumpy roof on spidey 510 flash (1 Viewer)

Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
yes just wondered if the post dated feb 2nd 2015 where spidey had a problem with a bumpy roof section on his chausson 510 flash and if he found a satisfactory outcome the reason I ask is that I also have the same problem on my 630 which we purchased new May 2017 previously we had 2015 610 which no sign of that kind many thanks plumb

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We asked our dealership and they said it wasn't an issue. They were not concerned about it. We didn't have an issues with it. We have got a different motorhome now we changed to a bigger one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sounds like delamination, hope you get a good resolve, keep us posted, had enough of this kind of stuff from some UK manufacturers in the past, moving over from aluminium roofs (hailstone proof) to GRP didn't solve the issues either as they just spider web cracked instead.
Good luck, happy travels.

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Yes thankyou spidey I am sort of reassured by your experience I am calling at the dealership to gather their views and hope to resolve the issue successfully

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
thankyou tinal for your well wishes will keep posted

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Chaussons have a floating roof, which as I understand it is a loose skin of fibreglass which is laid on top of the actual roof and only secured around the edges to protect it from hailstones. Both of mine had ripples in them, mainly towards the front where maybe heat or cold had caused a little movement but it's certainly nothing to worry about, just the protective skin doing its job ( so I was told by the dealer at the time).

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Yes bobthebass I think may be I am a little paranoid about i can't get to dealer until first week in December tried to see on chausson web site where they show quite a detailed video of the roof construction but it's hard to see if the polyester is meant to be bonded to all of the base material thanks again

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Chaussons have a floating roof, which as I understand it is a loose skin of fibreglass which is laid on top of the actual roof and only secured around the edges to protect it from hailstones. Both of mine had ripples in them, mainly towards the front where maybe heat or cold had caused a little movement but it's certainly nothing to worry about, just the protective skin doing its job ( so I was told by the dealer at the time).

Yes you have prompted my memory that is what our dealers said.:)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Garden Roller , across the top fixes that problem. It was a Chausson wasn't it?

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
That's comical GwayGway I like your style no I think it would be a shame to loose those undulations I think perhaps a nice tune from Elgar let's say land of hope and glory and a landscape of the Malvern hills to show off the true topography of the roof line wait a minute I think we might on to something here this could catch on

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Latest update for bumpy roof have been to the dealer and he says that chausson said its not a problem and there is a reason chausson had given him for the bumps but he couldn't remember what the reason was the dealer looked at others they have in stock and found several more the same so I think he thought that vindicated his explanation I am bit of a sceptic or is it cynic or are they the same not sure but I can't believe that a manufacturer or coach builder would purposely leave a finish of that sort anyway it's seems now a suck it and see approach and time will tell is all that is left for now

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
yes wino that is absolutely true what the eye don't see and all that as long as it's not used as a stick to beat with,when further down line if and when a time comes to sell

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Many Rapido's also have a floating roof and, like our's also has a few ripples that increase/decrease depending on the summer hot and winter cold weather.

OP
OP
P
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you scattycat it does give me confidence when others experience the same without having any adverse effect on the roof

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back