Bulletguy On Tour...... (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Currently on tour through east europe heading south.

Visited Buchenwald then on to Flossenburg where i intended to stay just two nights but ended up spending four nights there as the site was so good. Would certainly recommend a visit to the campsite at Flossenburg. Anyone interested, i have the GPS co-ords though they are in my van at the moment.

This is my first wi-fi connection since leaving UK and no idea if it will make it on the board...(can't seem to send email for some reason so any tips, greatly appreciated).

Am currently in Austria on a site near Mauthausen and leave tomorrow for Berchtesgaden and Werfen. Unlikely to get another wi-fi connection until then.

Weather been in high 20's today but now raining, though still quite warm.

Only discovered last night my satnav doesn't extend into Slovenia, Bulgaria or Romania so it's a good job i brought some maps!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Great to hear from you .. that is a trip I have in mind once I have a more suitable van, keep us posted as and when you can..

safe travels

Jim

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I don't know what email service you use but some of them have a problem when you are not using there dedicated server or something technical like that,

The easiest way i have found to over come the problem is to sign up for a FREE google-mail email address as they seem to work anywhere and with any Internet service provider,

hopefull this link should work
https://www.google.com/accounts/New...e78b3f947632da357f2e6719f5ea60b&type=2&good=1

hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi

Great to hear from you .. that is a trip I have in mind once I have a more suitable van, keep us posted as and when you can..

safe travels

Jim
Depends on what you define as 'more suitable' Jim! If it's to do with an age problem, my van is 16 years old and copes more than adequate with the alpine climbs etc. The body will give way long before the engine which just keeps throbbing merrily along!

As for size/length.......hmmmm. You would not even get on some campsites with an RV which i've stayed on, not to mention the 'tight spots' i've encountered here and there which meant a six or eight point turn even to get my little van around! With an RV you just have to keep driving a lot more miles until you find somewhere to turn.

Hope to make Slovenia since i've now downloaded more mapping on my TomTom.

Weather been really bad today near Salzburg. Heavens opened up and cloud came down so thick it even wiped out my gps signal.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi,

I don't know what email service you use but some of them have a problem when you are not using there dedicated server or something technical like that.....
Phoned a friend of mine who suggested using Virgin email service (use Virgin as my isp).
Just tried it and it seems to have worked fine.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Update

After getting a dose of flu from Salzburg weather i've sat here in my van the past couple of days in Slovenia feeling like a pile of dogs doo dah. :Sad:
Fortunately there is a Pharmacy right by the campsite entrance. :Smile:

First time out today just to see how i'm up to more driving. Don't feel 100% but am closer than i was yesterday. But i've written off Bulgaria now as i don't have enough available time left.

Off to Ljubljana tomorrow then after one more night begin heading north east through Hungary, Slovakia and Poland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back