Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

kevinb

Free Member
Aug 10, 2017
Funster No
Hello All.
I am wanting to get info from you people about setting up a RV park in Bansko Bulgaria.
would you use it ?
how many people travel down to Greece ?
There are only five RV parks in Bulgaria and they are all on the black sea where as Bansko is a ski area but it is on the main road to Greece and back up to Sofia.

Regards
Kevin

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are in Sveti Vlas now and the main problems you will encounter in Bulgaria is the short seasons. Although the weather is great on the Black Sea for 6 months of the year the Bulgarian mentality is that its only a 2 month season so after the second week of September everything closes down. My mate bought a villa many years ago in Bansko with the idea of renting it out during the ski season. Within a couple of years they had built apartment blocks by the dozen and hotels by the score. A hotel room in Bansko will cost buttons to rent during the ski season, but serious money to get an RV there and back. A nice apartment can be bought for less than 20000 Euros in Bansko, so few would be prepared to trundle 2000 miles in an RV for a couple of weeks skiing. For these reasons am out on this one.

OP
OP
K

kevinb

Free Member
Aug 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks snowbird.
I have lived in Bansko for the last seven years and in the last two have seen more and more RV passing through, I even talked to a UK couple in Lidl and even saw a Bulgarian registered RV at the same time and it seems there is a increasing amount of people going through this route
I was thinking more of Touring people who go through to either Sofia or Greece.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What's the going rate for campsites in Bulgaria?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back