Built in SatNav (again) (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks to all who replied to my last query, now for another......

Our 2019 Peugeot Boxer based motorhome has the built in SatNav. Although we will continue to use our Garmin Camper as our main one, as it allows input of vehicle dimensions, has ACSI etc loaded, we have noticed that we have lost voice directions on the built in unit. No more “at the roundabout take second exit”.

Despite going through all the settings I can’t find how to get the voice info back. Can anyone help?

Apr 16, 2019
Bolsover
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi there, did you turn the volume down whilst the voice was talking?I did this by accident once and also lost voice direct.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Could be that you've ended up with Guidance Volume turned down.
Easily done by accident. For example, if an Oasis song comes on the radio & you try turn down the radio's volume just as Sat Nav tries to tell you to turn left, it's the guidance volume that you've adjusted.
!! other examples of bands I don't like are available... !!!

To turn the guidance volume back up, on my Mazda I could press the "sat nav" button to get a repeated navigation instruction and then I'd adjust the volume & be altering the guidance vol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hi there, did you turn the volume down whilst the voice was talking?I did this by accident once and also lost voice direct.
That’s quite possible but I have tried turning up the volume and it only seems to affect the radio, not the nav instructions.

Is there something else I must do?

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Could be that you've ended up with Guidance Volume turned down.

To turn the guidance volume back up, on my Mazda I could press the "sat nav" button to get a repeated navigation instruction and then I'd adjust the volume & be altering the guidance vol.
Do you mean repeatedy pressing the “Nav” button automatically brings a voice instruction that can then be turned up on the volume control or do I have to drive, wait for the radio to cut out for a Nav instruction, and turn it up then?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I meant with a route programmed in, and viewing the Sat Nav screen, in my Mazda, pressing the Sat Nav button makes the Sat Nav replay the current navigation instruction and altering the main volume knob then is going to change the guidance volume.

That may apply to your peugeot :)
Neither my newish Pug car or old Pug Boxer have a builtin sat nav to give you specific help.

In the Sat Nav setup menu have you a guidance voice off/on or volume setting?

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I meant with a route programmed in, and viewing the Sat Nav screen, in my Mazda, pressing the Sat Nav button makes the Sat Nav replay the current navigation instruction and altering the main volume knob then is going to change the guidance volume.

That may apply to your peugeot :)
Neither my newish Pug car or old Pug Boxer have a builtin sat nav to give you specific help.

In the Sat Nav setup menu have you a guidance voice off/on or volume setting?
Thanks for the reply.

I can’t find a guidance off/on in the menu which appears to very limited but I will try your suggestion and report back.

Edit.

OK, I have found “guidance voice” in the settings and it is turned on.

With a route programmed in there is no direction announcement given so I may have to try it when driving in order to “encourage” a message.

Thanks for your suggestions and have a Happy Christmas.

If I get it working again I will post how it happened in case it helps anyone with a similar problem.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Is it the Pioneer?

Will this help

<Broken link removed>
:) Good find & great if it's a match.
1577187382137.png
1577187397621.png

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Stealaway
Thanks for the link but, although the unit looks the same, the on screen images are different. Perhaps another model.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
kevenh
Well, after pressing almost every button I have a much better understanding of the operating system now.

The good news is, having tried your suggestion I now have sound restored to the directions.(y)

Thanks to all who replied. Once again the saying has proved true, “you learn something every day”.

£15 a year to access the knowledge of other Forum users. A real bargain!:xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back