C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Looking to build a website to promote my new business and know absolutly nothing about this. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any sites that might be of use ? I know i can pay someone to do this for me but think i might enjoy having a bash myself. ::bigsmile:

Many thanks Mark

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Check out a few that appeal to you, have a look at the 'source' to see what you might be letting yourself in for going down the DIY route:winky:

Having a web developer in the family helps::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mark,

Download Microsoft's latest version of "FrontPage" a 60 day free trial which is now called <Expression Web>. Its a easy way to design and maintain simple websites, there are lots of templates to choose from. If you like it give me a shout, I have a copy I do not longer need:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K

klaatu

Deleted User
Don't forget that to do a proper job you will need to buy a domain and some hosting. Don't get ripped off - there are some ridiculous prices being charged out there.

Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We can rent you some space and email on a very reliable server:Smile: Do you already have the domain?

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Mark

As Jim says you will need some hosting space. It would probably work very well going with Jim but what ever you do I would advise staying away from 1and1.

They make it very easy to buy in but I wanted to let half a dozen domains drop this year and phew do they make it difficult.

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: I've been doing Websites on and off for myself and friends for around 10 years. I have NEVER paid to have a website hosted. Yes they have advertisements on them. But don't they ALL? :Blush:
I did have some knowledge of programming. So it was just a matter of learning a new programming language. But I also found lot's of web sites that can help in the programming. Of course. Later on with Frontpage it became much easier. WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) is the way of Frontpage and other programs allowing you to graphically create a website.
FREE hosting is available from lot's of sources. However. If your intention is to run a business with lot's of traffic (you wish)? It may then be more suitable to PAY?

HTML: Programming:-

Link Removed

HTML Kit for more than editing HTML

Link Removed

FREE Web Hosting:-

Free Web Space and Site Hosting -- Freeservers.com

Free Website Hosting – Angelfire free website templates to make your own free website

Free Web Hosting Services -- 50megs.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
C.L.S

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp