Bugs in seitz double glazed windows (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have some little flies that are between the acrylic pains on only one of my windows, I assume they got in through one of the plastic vents. Any way to get them out?

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
There should be plugs in the plastic vents I learnt to my expense. One spring I went into the van and it seemed like several dozen house flies had got into my window (it was then I discovered it was the only one without plugs).

In the end I had to replace the "glass" expensive but easy enough on the swing out type. Impossible on the sliding type. Block the plug holes now The "magic" sellotape is good.

Dick

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I wondered if one could put a vacuum cleaner over one of the plugs to suck them out?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had same problem I taped a small plastic pipe to a vacuum nozzle and sucked them out then refitted plastic stopper be careful as if the other stopper is in you suck all the air out and the cavity collapses.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Than
I had same problem I taped a small plastic pipe to a vacuum nozzle and sucked them out then refitted plastic stopper be careful as if the other stopper is in you suck all the air out and the cavity collapses.
Thanks I will have a crack.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I tried with a vacuum cleaner and achieved some success but there were still a few bugs left inside. Be careful as I think some windows have a film coating on the inside surfaces and this could be dislodged by the suction.
The bungs on my windows had denatured and broken up, in fact bung debris was a bigger problem than bugs. I replaced the bungs with small rubber grommets that I pierced first to allow some ventilation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back