Buggered my Huwaeii mifi!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Damn I'm annoyed. Was trying to put a sim in my mifi and as it was too small I used one of those Indian sim adapters but it can't have been a very good one as it completely jammed in the slot. In spite of trying to reason with the mifi to release the adapter it steadfastly refused, hanging on for dear life and decided to destroy the slot in my attempts to ease it free. I have now binned my mifi in disgust as the slot is beyond repair so now I need advice please. What is the latest recommendation for a 4g mifi? Does anyone know of any deals going? I am currently in Goa and can get one for about £40 but wondered if I should wait until I get home?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have the Hauwei E5377 4g unlocked, works well but possibly later models available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Damn I'm annoyed. Was trying to put a sim in my mifi and as it was too small I used one of those Indian sim adapters but it can't have been a very good one as it completely jammed in the slot. In spite of trying to reason with the mifi to release the adapter it steadfastly refused, hanging on for dear life and decided to destroy the slot in my attempts to ease it free. I have now binned my mifi in disgust as the slot is beyond repair so now I need advice please. What is the latest recommendation for a 4g mifi? Does anyone know of any deals going? I am currently in Goa and can get one for about £40 but wondered if I should wait until I get home?
I did exactly the same pull out the sim and all little copper strips came out with it due to a SIM card adapter
was last seen skipping across the ocean in Croatia

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I did exactly the same pull out the sim and all little copper strips came out with it due to a SIM card adapter
Yep, that's what happened to me!! So annoying to lose a perfectly good mifi all because of a sim adaptor :swear2:

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I have the Hauwei E5377 4g unlocked, works well but possibly later models available.

I've the same, mounted in a cupboard and hardwired to 12v. Can't fault it!

(I use a giffgaff sim in mine)

I like the feature it offers of being able to connect itself to site wifi and repeat their signal so it doesn't always have to use mobile data (y)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I've the same, mounted in a cupboard and hardwired to 12v. Can't fault it!

(I use a giffgaff sim in mine)

I like the feature it offers of being able to connect itself to site wifi and repeat their signal so it doesn't always have to use mobile data (y)
I did not know that a mifi could connect to site wifi ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I like the feature it offers of being able to connect itself to site wifi and repeat their signal so it doesn't always have to use mobile data
Can't find that feature in any of the hundreds of reviews and spec sheets.
Can you show any documentation to back up what you say ?

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I think there are routers out there that do this function: I could be wrong tho!

Amazon product ASIN B018WJVKOK
26a5503c-e8a2-4d72-be30-505bc5b7e0f9.png._CB297334076_.png

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I had this happen with a Netgear aircard, partly because I swapped between EE and 3 sims, regardless couple of the copper contacts came off. Contacted Netgear support and sent it back and received a replacement, was only 9 months old mind.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Does the E5377 come with connectors for an exteranl arial please? I have been read conflicting information about it?

Did not know it had that - none of the specs say so. I must say if it does that would clinch it for me to buy one.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Yes, it has connectors for external antennas.

2015-11-17 19.22.02.jpg

Ignore the cut UHF cable, I was installing a new tv aerial and booster :)

Here's the hard wired 12v setup I used.

2015-11-17 20.00.17.jpg

You better ignore this external antenna too, as there's a thread on here about how crap some of them are :D

2015-11-17 20.28.48.jpg

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Yes, but that's a regular home router, not a mobile wifi unit (Mifi)

Did you read the description? I can see it connects to the mobile network and it says you can plug it into a cable modem does that make it dual purpose?

Product Description
ASUS 4G-AC55U is the fastest 4G LTE router you can buy! Simply pop in a 4G LTE SIM card, and the built-in modem connects wirelessly to the internet via super-fast mobile broadband. You can enjoy up to 150 Mbps downloads and 50 Mbps uploads, with no worries about USB dongle compatibility. It can even connect to a cable modem if you just want to use a 4G LTE connection as a backup internet connection! With its 4X wider Wi-Fi coverage and concurrent 1167 Mbps Wi-Fi speed, you can share the internet connection all around your home or office - perfect for locations where 4G LTE speeds are faster than conventional ADSL or cable broadband. Convenient and cable-free, 4G-AC55U will give you smoothly-streaming HD videos and fast file-sharing - anywhere.

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
I know that this thread is a couple of weeks old but, for what it's worth, we have the Huawei E5573s and it also can be set to use available WiFi in preference to Sim card. It also has connections for an external antenna.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Does the E5377 come with connectors for an exteranl arial please? I have been read conflicting information about it?

Did not know it had that - none of the specs say so. I must say if it does that would clinch it for me to buy one.

Late picking this up, yes the 5377 has twin aerial sockets

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back