Bug Barrier? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Whilst cleaning my MoHo ready for the buyer to collect I had a real problem removing the dead bugs from the bonnet and overcab "bulge".
I don't want this to happen on the new one so was wondering if there is any barrier kind of product I can treat the front of the van with to prevent the bugs sticking quite so firmly?
TIA
John.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
No magic solution but for us

Good wash and wax and get it nice and clean beforehand.
Once arrived at destination a wash down with long handled brush and wash/wax solution before they set on solid.
I know most sites do not allow van washing, but have never been stopped, or complained about, for cleaning the front of the van/windscreen/mirrors/camera after all it's a safety issue.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A good polish to try to stop them sticking and then I do a quick clean after a journey with Autoglym rapid Detailer, seems to lift them off quite easy, bit more difficult if you can't reach the bulge.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Hiya,
I found a solution by default really. I had washed ours using what I thought was a soft brush on a handle only to find that the 'soft' bristles marked the acrylic windows so I invested in some Fenwicks Windowize
When I had done the windows, which polished up nicely by the way, I tried the cloth that I had used on the windows on a particularly persistent fly splat and it came of a treat!!!
I have to wear sunglasses to look at the Luton now!!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I have heard it said the for long journeys folks use cling film on the bonnet, not tried it my self, might give it a go on the way down to Beni for next winter (y)
Cheers

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My local Motor Factor store sells a spray to remove bugs, although in a very hot climate they can still be hard to remove.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back