Budget Smart Phone Recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So to further this thread.....what would you recommend for an 11 year old. Something 'cool' enough not to be teased about, but old enough not to be worth stealing, prob needs to be on 02 and also pay as you go. No more than £80 for the phone?
Tough call that , they will all get pinched, if there's half a chance, if you are choosing o2 because it's the only one that works where you live, as is the case with us, you will find that tesco works just as well, on the same signal, for about half what o2 charge(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So to further this thread.....what would you recommend for an 11 year old. Something 'cool' enough not to be teased about, but old enough not to be worth stealing, prob needs to be on 02 and also pay as you go. No more than £80 for the phone?
I would go for a better phone on a lower tariff, a cheap one will soon get fed up of, and you will be buying again, before you know it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just taken delivery of a Doogee X3 phone, £39 off ebay.

Lovely phone, bought just to use as a SatNav, it grabbed a whole load of stats instantly, it's now loading Copilot Live. With quad cores it should easily beat the old Android phone I was using.

Don't care what it is like as a phone but screen is good and I think the size is perfect phone size with it's 4.5" screen.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Just taken delivery of a Doogee X3 phone, £39 off ebay.

Lovely phone, bought just to use as a SatNav, it grabbed a whole load of stats instantly, it's now loading Copilot Live. With quad cores it should easily beat the old Android phone I was using.

Don't care what it is like as a phone but screen is good and I think the size is perfect phone size with it's 4.5" screen.
been using a doogee x5 pro for about 18 months and very happy with it(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.. all very helpful ..

original budget was up to around £150 .. but since it's a present for her 16th birthday I went a little more and have ordered a Motorola MotoG4 and let her personalise it... http://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g
Did you get the phone yet, hope you like it if you have, we love ours(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back