Budget dashcam info? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Am after a "budget " dashcam that I can use on MH and adapt for M/Cycle.Dont want to spend a fortune on one.Any recommendations?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Am after a "budget " dashcam that I can use on MH and adapt for M/Cycle.Dont want to spend a fortune on one.Any recommendations?
Some Chinese knockoff Go Pros would work - a waterproof mount for your bike / helmet and a sucker mount for mh. Just check quality of the images.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I use a £30 one which I bought a few years ago but the price has come down a lot further since then and I expect the quality from them is fine. Having tried a couple of different types I would suggest you get one which produces recognizable video files - mpg or avi. With one I had you could only get the video off the card using a program on a PC as it stored them all in one big file which was unreadable by anything except their program. This means I couldn't look at the videos using my Android tablet while away and post stuff on YouTube. The other problem, which you won't know about until it arrives and you can try it, is some interfere with the radio.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do a search on
Xiaomi YI dash cam. (y)

You maybe wont know the brand but they are called "the Apple of china" and do a range of stuff. I use their home CCTV cameras, have their phone and the wife has the dash cam.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Do you know what you want to do with it? If not, buying cheap may at least give you sufficient experience to buy better next time.
More expensive ones may provide more accurate position and better pictures in poor conditions, as well as additional features. Consider the ease with which you can transfer recordings (if that's what you intend to do) and check the length of recording possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back