Buchy - Peace at last -almost (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Decided to stop off in Buchy just north of Rouen last night as Tonka mentions it as an option en-route to Spain. We are normally tearing through this area heading south but decided to look at adding to our normal stops of Bay de Somme and Cite d'Europe as we are only heading to the Loire.
On finding the Aire beside a school about 4 o'clock we had a choice of a football field sized car park and found the Bourne so parked up near that, popped into town for a few drinks, nice poorish typical French rural village - 20/30 shops.
Returning there were another couple of vans. By about 7 in the evening some cars started to park up beside us and I thought, quiet spot, couples...
Apparently there was a dance music rave which I happily slept through until they all started to leave at 0330 so banging of car doors and tooting of horns. The music carried on for another hour and it is now quiet with sporadic voices only left and clearing up of equipment at 04.47 Not particularly bothered as we met up with our son the previous night at 0230.
How did this happen? There were no posters displayed. The couples arriving were middle aged 30-50's and it went on all night. Something like this in the UK would have had car park attendants; posters and does anything like this go on after midnight. Think that is the final scream and car at 0452. Nope another one - more horns.
Ok back to sleep - if that final car with its engine running and toot of the horn could now go. Nope 5.07 now and still an engine running and let's toot our horns to say goodnight and more chattering.
Bit of a surprise and Viva la difference etc.jsut the last thing we expected.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Stopped at Buchy several times...as you say, dead quiet after the school closes.

Allen

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I take no responsibility at all. ;):D

We had a similar thing happen many years ago on a car park we often used next to a community hall. However someone did come out early and told us there would be a party and apologised in advance. No invite though. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Very surreal as I fell asleep from 6-9 then saw the Frenchman next door. He had a long ramble mentioned fete, shrugged his shoulders and I said c'est la vie.
Apart from one car with someone sleeping in the back you wouldn't have known anything had happened.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
@Camdoon - never mind, you will have saved some money by avoiding a campsite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back