RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi All

Once again we are returning to the Bubble Car Museum at:

The Beeches,
Byard's Leap
Cranwell
Lincolnshire. NG34 8EY

There are only 8 electric hookups available, but plenty of space for more.

Dates are Thurs to Sun 24th to 27th July....... This is the first day of the school summer holidays for us:Cool:

Access for the largest of vehicles is not a problem, and at £5 a night for pitch and £2 for electric, it represents good value for money.

The museum is a few seconds walk away, and a local taxi service can take you to one of the local pubs if you dont fancy a bbq.

Here is the bubblecar museum website if you are tempted:

Link Removed

And please book with Paula direct if you are interested.
She is keeping all the hookups available for us, so I'm hoping a few of you can join us.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Great little site and I never tire of looking at the wonderfull cars in the Museum, and as Sharon stated its literaly in the drive way (even I walk there) Now providing I havent got a wedding (or Divorce ) to attend I will be there
Geo
I will book as soon as clearance is recieved from SWMBO:RollEyes:
Geo

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
And they are offering bubblecar rides this year too!!

Let's hope there are no weddings to get in the way of this one Geo :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Last year there was a double decker bus on site that they rented out for barby's etc, hopefully that is still there as I quite fancy some of that :ROFLMAO:
We were to busy trying to cook under awnings and keep the food dry :ROFLMAO: and all wearing silly hats to keep warm..... Ahhhh that's camping :thumb:

Keith

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi all,

I have just added Pammy/Geo to the list on the calendar, and made the following amendment to the entry:

There are only 8 electric hookups available, but plenty of space for more.
Please let me know if you are coming, and I can add your name to the list. There is no need to book with the site on this one as I will liase with the site owner.

Sorry for any confusion:Blush:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
2008 Price List <table width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="white">Caravans/Campervans</td> <td class="white">Per night</td> <td class="white">£5.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="white" rowspan="2" valign="top">Tents</td> <td class="white" rowspan="2" valign="top">Per night</td> <td class="white">£5.00 per unit</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="white">£7.00 with electric hook-up</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="white">Marquee hire</td> <td class="white">Per rally</td> <td class="white">£80.00 per weekend</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="white">Chairs and tables</td> <td class="white">Per rally</td> <td class="white">£20.00 per weekend</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="white">Barbecue including fuel</td> <td class="white">
</td> <td class="white">FOC</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
If you require rally t-shirts or sweatshirts we can do excellent rates for these, with small numbers no problem at all. T-shirts are just £5 each, printed single colour with your artwork.​
We can quote for a very reasonable wine and beer bar if you have a larger rally.

SOUNDS INTERESTING SHARON.
Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Are you thinking of coming to this one Steve? :winky:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Steve

Yes we have. Geo and Pammy have also been - we did a meet here about 18 months ago and had a really good time. Atmosphere is very relaxed, museum open and even non enthusiasts would find it interesting..... (Jimmy Savilles yellow bubblecar is on display here).....

Have a look at the website and let me know if you would like me to put your name down. (Don't worry, nothing is cast in stone with meets, so if you do change your mind it is not a problem) :Smile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Can you pencil us in too please Sharon? With hook up if poss :winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve

Yes we have. Geo and Pammy have also been - we did a meet here about 18 months ago and had a really good time. Atmosphere is very relaxed, museum open and even non enthusiasts would find it interesting..... (Jimmy Savilles yellow bubblecar is on display here).....

Have a look at the website and let me know if you would like me to put your name down. (Don't worry, nothing is cast in stone with meets, so if you do change your mind it is not a problem) :Smile:

Hiya Sharon,

Would really love to go to this one just to get the kids out and about for a good weekend.

Put me down for it please with Hook-up.

Thanks.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Laurie and Steve, you are on the list :thumb:
Will be nice to see you both again!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'll bring me new scanner in case any of them Bubble cars want blowing up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Ps Confirmed no weddings or divorces to get in the way

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
A couple of the exhibits can be found here.......

Link Removed

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Tina,

Will do it now::bigsmile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Just one hook up left for this meet - please post here if you would like to join us:Smile:

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Hi Sharon can you put me on the list also, including hook up:thumb:if Im not to late:Eeek:
Raoul

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I will put you on the list now Raoul.::bigsmile:

All the electric hookups are now taken.

Safetyman

Free Member
Apr 5, 2008
Funster No
Bubble Car Museum

Hi All
Never knew there was such a museum, I have fond memories of my Isetta it was my first set of wheels and it cost me £8, ran for 14 months before blowing the engine (found most of the piston in the sump) but it got me and two other big geezers to Cornwall from Hampshire.
At 6' 5" I could drive it with my head out of the sun roof and of course it never attracted any attention being hand painted Orange and Silver.
Its the only BMW I have ever owned. (and the last)
Got stopped once outside Mousehole Lifeboat Station by a copper on a water cooled Velocette, we tried to go over the kerb and ended up with the wheels dangling over the edge, (yep all three of us geezers were in it and I had 'L' plates on) the very kind policeman helped us lift it off the kerb and sent us on our way with a cheery wave. (cant see that happening today)
I will never forget the face of the guy in a Mark 1 Cortina as we overtook him doing 85 MPH on the straight just ouside of Bodmin. (downhill of course)
Ah those were the days, there must be more old farts like me on this site that have their own dispicable tales to tell?
Bring it on! :roflmto:
Malc

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi All
Never knew there was such a museum, I have fond memories of my Isetta it was my first set of wheels and it cost me £8, ran for 14 months before blowing the engine (found most of the piston in the sump) but it got me and two other big geezers to Cornwall from Hampshire.
At 6' 5" I could drive it with my head out of the sun roof and of course it never attracted any attention being hand painted Orange and Silver.
Its the only BMW I have ever owned. (and the last)
Got stopped once outside Mousehole Lifeboat Station by a copper on a water cooled Velocette, we tried to go over the kerb and ended up with the wheels dangling over the edge, (yep all three of us geezers were in it and I had 'L' plates on) the very kind policeman helped us lift it off the kerb and sent us on our way with a cheery wave. (cant see that happening today)
I will never forget the face of the guy in a Mark 1 Cortina as we overtook him doing 85 MPH on the straight just ouside of Bodmin. (downhill of course)
Ah those were the days, there must be more old farts like me on this site that have their own dispicable tales to tell?
Bring it on! :roflmto:
Malc

Sounds like an idea for a thread that would run and run:roflmto:

If you like bubblecars the museum is well worth a visit.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Malc 3 guys!! flipping heck it was cosy with two let alone 3.:Eeek::Eeek: I used to get a lift to work in my mates after I had push started it.

Olley

Last edited:

Safetyman

Free Member
Apr 5, 2008
Funster No
Hi Malc 3 guys!! flipping heck it was cosy with two let alone 3.:Eeek::Eeek: I used to get a lift to work in my mates after I had push started it.

Olley

Hi Olley
Ah but did you have a sun roof you could lean out of?
Malc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back