Bt smarttalk free foreign calls (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know if you have seen this, but while trying to get btfon to work I have come across this app for phones and tablets http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35287
Baseicly you download the app to your ipad or whatever and it turns your tablet into a phone that uses your free minutes on your home phone , so if you have all free calls in your bt package you can ring anyone in uk from abroad for free, they dont have to be signed to it.
You just download it and sign up with any old mobile it can be pay and go and it doesn't use any of your credit, in fact once you have signed up you don't even have to have your mobile on.
Bit complicated to put it all on here but have a look at the link , see what you think.
Plus if you sign up before the end of man they give you another 60 mins free to ring mobiles.
Can't see any downside as it's all free if it doesn't work.
I have done it and it works fine.::bigsmile:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have looked at this, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it VOIP?
So you need a broadband connection to use it?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes it only works on wifi, but the phone you are ringing doesn't have to be like skype or voipcheap and it's free whereas the others charge for calls that are not to the same thing.
Not saying it's anything special, just found it and as it's all free and works from abroad it's got to be worth a look even alongside anything else you have. Especially if you are getting a bit more out of bt for your money

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back