BT fibre (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Couple of weeks ago we received a new router from BT, no idea why at the time.
A few days later we got a letter saying we were being upgraded to fibre even though we never ordered it.
Turns out it's a completely free upgrade and to connect the router straight away.
We then got an email to say our changeover day was dated for today.
We were on a 'lightning fast' average 4.5Mb.....this has now gone up to 16Mb.
I know this is painfully slow for an Internet connection but for us it really is lightning fast.
Internet was down earlier today while the change took place but as we've been out all afternoon it didn't really matter.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Internet was down earlier today while the change took place but as we've been out all afternoon it didn't really matter.
That's quite normal, since when I've occasionally changed something to do with my laptop I've been told that to activate it I must go out and come in again.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Around 6 or 7 years ago a shop we had then was near BT research centre at Martlesham, the offered us free pc, printer and screen to take part in a fiber trial direct to the shop, after a year they disconnected it even though I offered to pay and put us back on copper. Barmy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Hells teeth, OilyFello, as a 28ish lad I was at the BT Research Centre (Martlesham) having been part of the team that was working on fibre, at the Post Office Research Station (Dollis Hill). We were that close. :clap2: :gum:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
You were there? was that why it went bust before they finished building It. ::bigsmile:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Couple of weeks ago we received a new router from BT, no idea why at the time.
A few days later we got a letter saying we were being upgraded to fibre even though we never ordered it.
Turns out it's a completely free upgrade and to connect the router straight away.
We then got an email to say our changeover day was dated for today.
We were on a 'lightning fast' average 4.5Mb.....this has now gone up to 16Mb.
I know this is painfully slow for an Internet connection but for us it really is lightning fast.
Just think of all the sites you can visit now John ...?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back