Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bruno is getting so stressed travelling that I have decided he can stay with my ex when I travel.

My ex and I DON'T get on but do talk about Bruno she had him when I was last in hospital thankfully.

He wont sleep during journey's and pants all the way anywhere even with the air con full on and scared it will all be to much for him as he gets into a hell of a state.

It's such a shame pets age.

My health is dodgy now so feel i must do as much as I can while I can.

Not an easy decision though as he my best mate and got me through a rough ten years but we still are best buddies :hug:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
thats sad John but on the otherhand now the decision has been made you can sell the caravan and the RV and get a Cheaper to Run eurobox. you know it makes sense. Maybe someone will even do you an exchange? Who knows. Keep a smaller one at home as well so no storage cost either.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
My long term vision Roger, maybe sell the caravans and get a cheapy eurovan to start with probably a left hooker.

Long term want a Hymer or pilote A class.

Bruno's been there done that but detests the cars and travelling now so it's just not fair and my ex is being decent as she loves Bruno to bits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi John sorry to read Bruno has given up travelling. Whilst the opportunity is there to get away knowing that Bruno is gonna be well looked after, take it.

Dale

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
John a decision that I am sure you have done a lot of thinking about, we will really miss Bruno at the Rally's but its only fair to put what is best for him first, he's such a great character plodding around the rally fields and as you say will make traveling for you easier.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Sorry to hear about Bruno, and as much as you love your pooch, you want to do the best for him, we had a bit of a nightmare two weeks ago our pup Gracie Mai jumped off the settee and broke her Tibia ( has had plate put in ) what the vets charge they could have put in a gold plated full service ) Anyrate we have had to cancel a month in Tenerife,we all do what is best for our pets, they are part of the family :Sad:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
John a decision that I am sure you have done a lot of thinking about, we will really miss Bruno at the Rally's but its only fair to put what is best for him first, he's such a great character plodding around the rally fields and as you say will make traveling for you easier.

I can see it as you have written it :hug: going to be real hard but seeing him pant on a journey the other day:Doh:

I feel he thinks he's being punished:thumbdown:

Maybe Carmarthen?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our old dog Zoe was the same with the car, and we left her at home when visiting my mum and dad, it was funny her not being there as she loved my dads cakes.::bigsmile: But the motorhome was different you could not pop in it for anything without her wanting to get in it. ::bigsmile:
You have to do what's best for him John, and it can be hard at times. :Sad:
It was a lot easier leaving our girls for a couple of months :whatthe: than our dog! :Blush: Bob.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh John - I so sympathise. Ellie's daughter, Phoebe, only 17 months old, has had 2 knee ops and now her patella (knee cap) is fractured and she is off excercise for another 6 weeks. Thank God for insurance but her puppyhood is passing so quickly without her being able to be a puppy. I do sometimes wonder if she would be better without that leg. 3-legged dogs seem to do very well. She is my daughter's dog and her life is really being curtailed but she loves her dog. It is so difficult. Phoebe always used to come to ours to be with Ellie and Sophie (my son's dog) but now she has to stay at home on her own. It seems unbearable at times, not only for her but for my daughter who's life is on hold while her dog is struggling like this. :Sad::cry::Sad:

Ivy

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Bruno is getting so stressed travelling that I have decided he can stay with my ex when I travel
My health is dodgy now so feel i must do as much as I can while I can.

:hug:

Opening new chapter, new horizon, time waits for no one, good move, very best wishes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back