Bruges aire (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Just back from a week in Belgium, stopped here for two nights, thought I'd update on facilities. There are actually two aires, with separate entrances, either side of Bargeweg. One is shaded by trees, the other in the open [not too bothered by shade in December...] with some 60 spaces in all. It's effectively a car park for motorhomes but with services on site. Electric hook up is available for all pitches at no extra cost. Disposal of black water and five minutes fresh water should have cost 50 cents each, but the machine had either been vandalised or disabled, so that both were free. The cost for parking is 15 Euros for 24 hours, rising to 22 in summer. We had previously heard that you were charged for a further day if you left after 11am, so were presently surprised to be charged just 30 Euros: we arrived at 16.30 on day 1, left at 14.30 on day 3, so got our moneysworth!

Some may cavil at the cost, buy I reckon £12 a day, electric included, is worth it for a stay in walking distance of such a popular city as Bruges.

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Yes very nice aire stayed in July for 2 nights was on the side under the trees 22 Euros but worth it.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Do you have gps coordinates forthe sites?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The pitches on the left hand side of the road are not as tight as the ones on the right hand side. And they are tight lol

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Used it many times over the years...a very convenient Aire for town.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Worth pointing out that you need to go to the bus station to pay, we were on the overflow area with the trees and tried to put credit card into the exit post DOH nice local man pointed out that we had to go over the road to pay.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good point (y) I'd forgotten that, first time we used it I wandered around for ages before a bus driver told me. Then the machine swallowed the payment card but wouldn't let me out and we had to wait for someone to come and open the barrier.:eek:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Used yesterday. Same pay at machine before leaving. Parked next to the coach station and found it annoying in the evening with all the coaches ticking over. OK after 9pm was fairly quiet.

Think 15 Euros is OK including electric but wouldn't want to pay 22 Euros in summer.

Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back