LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If you like Firefox then try Comodo IceDragon...very similar, less resource hungry.

Or if you want to stay with the big names... Opera is lightweight

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
No such thing as a good browser. Each has it's issues. Which ever you do try and use look also at whatever add ins you've permitted. Many toolbars, search engines, anti malware safe browsing anti trackers vpn things will all add to the overhead of your browser, slowing it down, and in some cases adding to the anti privacy that you thought you were escaping. Remember on the internet everything and everyone is in fact watching you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Chrome is also a memory hog.

To speed up firefox try using NOSCRIPT and uBlock origin.

If memory is seriously an issue, a better option would be to upgrade your PC's memory?

Deleted User
On my phone I also ditched FF for Duckduckgo, it's lighter, sleeker and stops all the snooping.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Chrome is also a memory hog.

To speed up firefox try using NOSCRIPT and uBlock origin.

If memory is seriously an issue, a better option would be to upgrade your PC's memory?
I have 12 gb of memory..

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm happy with Firefox use it in Windows & Linux absolutely flys in Linux but I do have 12GB of memory on my PC.
Works fine on my Android tablet & phone, phone is not short of memory either 8GB Ram, 128 GB ROM so probably less of a worry for me.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Latest version of Edge is fast and getting better all the time.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I found replacing the standard hard drive with an SSD made my machine fly. I also increased the RAM but it didn't make anywhere near the same difference.

I tried Opera but couldn't get on with it for some reason, though I admit it is "light" on memory use. Firefox has proved to be the best all round for me, but I'm not against giving the new MS offering a go.

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
If you use MS Edge be very careful to check what it is actually doing in the background! I have just been trying a new build win 10, some of the Edge things are very good, BUT, it has downloaded unasked for and unwanted programs (now of course called apps!), and never stops offering more! You may find that you can't uninstall a lot of the unwanted stuff once you have downloaded it. I have gone back to FF and DuckDuckgo, with the occasional Google and regular cleaning of the accumulated background rubbish that builds up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back