Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are Brownhills that bad? Is it just that they have ooo's of customers and a few vocal disgruntled ones forming a tiny minority of their customer base. Or, have many of those disgruntled purchasers not found the internet yet?::bigsmile: Brownhills apethetic after sales service is legendary on the internet. Do they really deserve the terrible rep that they endure here?

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
We've always dealt with Brownhills (Newark) for our RVs (chuckle) and have had good to excellent customer service!

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I always speak as I find and can say that we have had nothing but good service from them. We bought a Rapido from them and had extras fitted which was all fine and no complaints from us. We also used their service facilities many times and again no complaints. Again, as has been pointed out in the past, they sell shed loads of vans so it is obvious they will get more complaints, goes for any company as well. People are quick to complain but slow to praise. My opinion of course.

ken

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Are Brownhills that bad? Is it just that they have ooo's of customers and a few vocal disgruntled ones forming a tiny minority of their customer base. Or, have many of those disgruntled purchasers not found the internet yet?::bigsmile: Brownhills apethetic after sales service is legendary on the internet. Do they really deserve the terrible rep that they endure here?

Are Brownhills really that bad? i can only speak for there Cannock branch .When you have to get traging standards in to get them to speak to you then yes in sorry they really are that bad.

Betty

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I'm pleased to see some people have had good service but there is no smoke without fire and good service should not be like a lottery. I at present have been trying to sort a issue out with them where they state they are awaiting a reply from a third party, I had the third parties answer 6 weeks ago. In other words they have done sweet nothing. When people say they have had good service have they ever had anything wrong or are they referring to the sale went through ok.? :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well I always thought that it's a fact that brownhills are most likely the biggest dealership in the Uk. Therefore the more you sell, proportionately the more complaints you are likely to get.
However, hearing the complaint that results in trading standards having to get involved would worry me. I always believe that the measure of a good company is how they perform when things go wrong evidently at Brownhills it's not.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
If Brownhills are so bad, then why have they not lost their Dealership for some of the brands ?. Now I know they will sell large numbers of vans, but surely not all Makers want to have their names linked to the bad reports in dealing with after service.

David

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Tail wagging the Dog comes to mind. It appears that the Dealers in some cases decide on the rules one conversation I had with Autocruise was around Dealers refusing to carry out warranty work unless they sold the vehicle. Autocruise did not agree with this but it appeared could not or did not want to take it up. Unlike the car trade where i am aware of one dealer having his franchise taken away for selling other makes (used) on his frontage. perhaps it is the volume difference.

2escapees

Deleted User
My experience of Brownhills. I had the misfortune to have the wing mirror on my Rapido smashed by a white van that did not stop whilst I was in Scotland this September. So I stopped at Brownhills the UK Dealer to see if they could help supply a new mirror. They were helpful. They told me the new mirror would cost £935 plus fitting and VAT. I quickly left the UK and returned to France and collected a new mirror for 774 Euros (£530) from the factory and had it fitted by the local dealer for 24 euros (£19) both figures include VAT. Now whilst Brownhills were helpful they seem to be making one hell of a profit.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

I will not comment on other dealers policies as regards warranty on MH's not sold by them.

All I will say is that we will carry out warranty work on any Swift product irrespective of where or how it was purchased.

We are a Swift Main Dealer and as such, we support our franchise.

Regards

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Brownhills are in our Link Removed, once there you can tell all about the service you recieved from them, good or bad.:thumb:

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
I do work for Brownhills fitting locks on motorhomes and everybody I have met there are friendly and helpfull so whats the problem is it the size of the company or the complex items they sell, theres 100,s of parts that make a motorhome and they come from all over the world, if you have a company like mine only selling a few different products its easy to keep control as the buck stops with me, but Brownhills I think if you have problems with, them try to help them ask for the van makes number and moan at them

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I do work for Brownhills fitting locks on motorhomes and everybody I have met there are friendly and helpfull so whats the problem is it the size of the company or the complex items they sell, theres 100,s of parts that make a motorhome and they come from all over the world, if you have a company like mine only selling a few different products its easy to keep control as the buck stops with me, but Brownhills I think if you have problems with, them try to help them ask for the van makes number and moan at them

Sorry Paul why should the customer be having to ring the Manufacturer.?I would suggest Brownhills should be ringing them and banging the drum if there are issues with production. Remember the customers contract is with the Dealer not the Manufacturer. I have no doubt there are some very pleasant staff employed at Brownhills and the minority are letting them down.:thumb:

H

Huckleberry

Deleted User
The aftersales and servicing is very mixed. In my experience it was awful, including a phone call (very rare from Brownhills) to say that my warranty work and service were completed only to be told on arrival (280 miles round trip) that the van was not ready.
The best places to find out what their servicing is like is in their Service Reception and the overnight area. A real eye opener.
I also had a problem with the Fiat service. Brownhills informed me that my concern was within Fiat tolerances - local Fiat garage checked the problem and said that it needed replacing - and was a common problem on motorhomes.
As to losing manufacturers I understand that two manufacturers have taken their sales away from Brownhills at the end of last year.
Huckleberry

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We got our Hymer from there Newark branch. We have had a few small problems but we feel that the service has been ok so far. We are currently wating for a small warantee job to be done and have decided to get the Brownhills near Newcastle to do it as it is closer.

I have had far worse service from car dealer after purchasing new cars.:cry:

Mabe we have been lucky:RollEyes:

Richard....

M

mariner01

Deleted User
Sounds good to me!

Hi,

I will not comment on other dealers policies as regards warranty on MH's not sold by them.

All I will say is that we will carry out warranty work on any Swift product irrespective of where or how it was purchased.

We are a Swift Main Dealer and as such, we support our franchise.

Regards

Having had a chat with you at NEC I understand that dealers are not obligated to warranty service MHs that they did not supply - so your offer sounds very generous and just what the doctor ordered - Thanks!
Regards

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We've always dealt with Brownhills (Newark) for our RVs (chuckle) and have had good to excellent customer service!

Brownhills and RV's. You're pulling our .........:ROFLMAO:

I mentioned RV's to one sales chap and got the biggest glare :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Brownhills at Newark - we bought a new (03) Bucaneer from them. After leaving on hand over day (very very late) feeling cheated and ignored we had niggling problems one after the other, and every visit to Brownhills to have one minor thing rectified resulted in two or more other problems, thanks to their 'technicians'. They have absolutely no detailed information or knowledge about anything they sell or repair, and once they have your money (before handover in our case, which was our first big mistake) they couldn't care less about you. We actually had a letter from them stating 'warranty problems are not our problem' - says it all we think!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back