Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Motorhome Fun's first Brownhills thread....:cry:

I have heard they are in the deep stuff, and today there site is down.

Anyone heard anything?:Smile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A lot of mutterings and rumours on a couple of other sites I have looked at today :whatthe:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Seems there are a few problems with SOME web sites today Linda :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Perhaps my wepsite chappy is finally adding my new links page :Tongue: :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Ray, I stand corrected. It was you that started the first Brownhills thread not I :Tongue1::Smile:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi Is there any truth in the brownhills rumours:whatthe:

RAY

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I heard they were very caring.Not money motivated at all :ROFLMAO:

oh no. you've read thier adverts as well. (sucker. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
we paid a visit to thier newark site to view some m/homes. printed all pages from the web that were of interest only to be told, when we found a salesman that wasn't drinking coffee and talking to his salesman mates, "dont know where you got these from but we dont have any of these in stock but we do have a nice..........".
i told him we got them off the webpage and his reply was "not off ours you didn't"
now credit me with a little intelligence. i'm not going to look at sales at another branch then go to newark. that would be a waste of a 200ml trip, which it was anyway:Sad:
needless to say they didn't get a sale or a return visit so why should i give a stuff what happens to them.
too big and too impersonal.

john

L

Loathecliff

Deleted User
Now then, wasn't there a big fire last time they were in trouble?::bigsmile:

L

Loathecliff

Deleted User
Now don't mock....a fire can spread rapidly:roflmto:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
needless to say they didn't get a sale or a return visit so why should i give a stuff what happens to them.

john

Hi John
You can count yourself lucky then matey..... IF you had made a purchase from them I fear that you story would have been a much longer one, and none of it good :roflmto::roflmto:
They did you a real favour by treating you like you were stupid BEFORE you parted with your money :ROFLMAO:
Well done

Keith

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thats not till next week:ROFLMAO:

Is that why they are holding a "Pre Fire Sale" at the moment :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Roll up, Roll up, get your motorhome now before it gets smoke into it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

L

Loathecliff

Deleted User
"A Massive pre smoke damaged stock clearance.
Anything (we can torch profitably) taken in part-ex" :RollEyes:

Yes yes, I am capable of serious posting.........

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Brownhills Cannock was deserted last Sunday afternoon when I called for some Toilet fluid. Only 3 RV's at the back of the old site and around 6 parked on the front. The new part they purchased was packed at the front, but I did not see any sales people even having a fag round the corner !:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
oh no. you've read thier adverts as well. (sucker. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
we paid a visit to thier newark site to view some m/homes. printed all pages from the web that were of interest only to be told, when we found a salesman that wasn't drinking coffee and talking to his salesman mates, "dont know where you got these from but we dont have any of these in stock but we do have a nice..........".
i told him we got them off the webpage and his reply was "not off ours you didn't"
now credit me with a little intelligence. i'm not going to look at sales at another branch then go to newark. that would be a waste of a 200ml trip, which it was anyway:Sad:

john

I was joking.I have had my own bad experiences with Brownhills and their Sales Techniques.

This fire rumour was probably started because the plume of smoke from their "Fag Breaks" could be spotted miles away.
Possibly why they have to keep closing the Newark/A1 JUNCTION :ROFLMAO:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Well folks I purchased my last van from Brownhills about 4 months ago and the service from the salesman after I had paid the deposit was s**t to say the least!
BUT the price was most definitely right,:thumb: it was as cheap as a private purchase, maybe they needed a bit of quick money (cash flow and all that)
I had one small problem and I called in on my way home from France and they sorted it out without any quibble and I was on the road again within a couple of hours.:whatthe:
Would I buy from them again----Yes, but only if the price was similar to a private purchase!:winky:
What do I think of the salesman---No Comment!
Am I happy with my van---Yes!:thumb:
Do I trust them ---No:winky:
Three minor things were missing from my van at the time of delivery and I have to date received one of them, I am still waiting for a sink cover and the habitation handbook.:Sad:
I do think that they are trying to get their act together and the parts dept are very helpful, but they still have a long way to go!

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Are all dealers the same? My son-in-law bought a brand new Ace from Glossop, back in 3 days sky light leaking, door lock wouldn't work + numerouse other things, so back to dealer, just got back after a week. I got mine from a company in Chorley (Lancs), told would be ready tomorrow, now told will be next week. What a way to run a company. :shout:

Another week and I will be
Gone with the wind

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Phone call

Well, today I received a tel call from Brownhills informing me that I would receive my habitation handbook next week.
They rang me, they rang me, they rang me!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
When I tel them to enquire about the van that I eventually purchased, they could not bother to return my call! 3 times:Eeek:
Things are looking up:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John
You can count yourself lucky then matey..... IF you had made a purchase from them I fear that you story would have been a much longer one, and none of it good :roflmto::roflmto:
They did you a real favour by treating you like you were stupid BEFORE you parted with your money :ROFLMAO:
Well done

Keith

never thought of it that way.
maybe should have bought a lottory ticket that day as well. you never know!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO::winky:

jakeontour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
In front of this computer when I should be out in
Funster No
Enough Already!!! I can read interminable moans about dealers on other forums.

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't we keep with the spirit of JimJam's posting that "This is a place for Motorhome Fun and will no longer be used as a place to moan" and leave the whinges elsewhere?

Knocking The Competition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before we open I would like to set the groundrules about knocking the competition in the open forum.

Whilst it might be enjoyable talking about a competitors shortcomings over a glass of wine under an awning, this forum is no longer a place for such conversations. This is for our benefit not theirs! Which is why I will not mention them in a bad light on the forum again and I hope all members will follow suit.. This is a place for Motorhome Fun and will no longer be used as a place to moan about other forums. Its just not Fun!

The best way to knock the competion is to show their members how much fun we are having and judging by what I have seen in the short time we've been around, we will knock them for six

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
jakeontour

I think you will find that Jimjams post that you quoted actually refers to certain other motorhome forums on the web.....NOT to dealers and manufacturers! Read the thread fully to get the context!! If you see a thread you don't want to read or participate in, then simply don't read it!! Easy as that. Bad dealers and shoddy workmanship unfortunately are rife amongst motorhome sales today, and everyone has the right to talk about it with other motorhomers on this or any other forum, in fact, it is a way of letting others know of potential problems with a very expensive purchase!!! Whatever happened to freedom of speech??? :Angry: Life isn't all "fun", unfortunately, although the aims of this forum are to enjoy our leisure pursuit as much as possible. Sharing info with others is also important and NO-ONE should be intimidating other members not to do so!!:Eeek:
I say skip the threads you don't want to read - don't tell others having a discussion "enough already!", that's quite offensive, really!!:Sad:

Laurie

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
jakeontour

I'm in favour of free speech and not dictating to others what they can and cannot say - if people want to discuss dealers and service levels on this forum, then they should be allowed to do so without members using derogatory speech to put them off.

Those who don't want to read particular threads can simply avoid them. I think the REAL "barrage of abuse" is to post offensively, like telling other members "enough already", and to quote completely out of context, which is very misleading to readers. Just because you don't happen to agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it a "barrage of abuse" - its inflammatory and unnecessary to use that kind of untruthful description.

Like I said, if you don't like the posts about dealers, then avoid them, no-one forces you to read them.

Laurie

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
for what its worth i agree with camconder if these dealers are not discussed others would not know what to expect from them , personally i go there to look at the stock and where else can you go and have all the time you want to crawl all over the vans and make your own mind up whats suitable for you in peace, i then buy one private and save a bit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back