Brownhills Poor service or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Bought a brand new Rapido's from them in june 2000 they rushed the handover but we had had motorhomes for years so we weren't too concerned.
We were a couple of days later when we crossed the channel.
We got into Calais late afternoon and were heading for St Valery en Caux when the sky turned black and it started to rain ......David didn't tell me straight away as he knew I would panic but we had no vehicle lights.
As we arrived at St Valery the sun came out again but it was quite scary .
Following morning he checked everything being a mechanic he fortunately knew what he was doing....turned out a wire had been trapped and had frayed....some Pdi they had done.
On return to uk contacted Brownhills .....sorry sir we don't check lights
Vowed never to go near the place again.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Unfortunately, Terry, it isn't only Brownhills. I have just made an appointment to see my solicitor next week... re the dealers I bought my present van from..... Everything fine until I found out all the mistakes going on in it and the warranty is a laugh..... They are totally ignoring my emails....

Next week unless they come up with something to sort out my van, there will be another thread on this forum regarding this dealers also.. ... ignorant bustards.

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't spend any money with your solicitor log a compliant with trading standards if any company is that bad and they get loads of complaints they will make there life difficult.
They have a process to go through with you getting a reference number and supplying them all your concerns in writing.
If you have bought a used vehicle they may get an independent report done on it, they will help check your contract over warranty issues if covered.
think is 90 days 3 months after purchase without highlighting issues difficult to complain after that period as you have used the item might be considered wear and tear.
Most businesses will try and resolve issues as they wont want bad press.
Also don't get stressed about issues even if they see bad they will get sorted but don't let it make you ill not worth it.
Good luck
Jim

Unfortunately, Terry, it isn't only Brownhills. I have just made an appointment to see my solicitor next week... re the dealers I bought my present van from..... Everything fine until I found out all the mistakes going on in it and the warranty is a laugh..... They are totally ignoring my emails....

Next week unless they come up with something to sort out my van, there will be another thread on this forum regarding this dealers also.. ... ignorant bustards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Most businesses will try and resolve issues as they wont want bad press.

and many dont give a toss !!!

Fold the company today, reopen again tomorrow.

I know, i bought my car from one.

The director had even served time because of his business practices.
Had more company name changes and county court judgements than you could shake a stick at.

Wish i'd read the reviews before buying from the cowboy instead of when things started going wrong..

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just to sing a different tune. Our current MH was bought from Brownhills at Newark, and they did all the bits no problem.
(reverse camera, crack in washbasin, dud bulb in fridge)

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Might be worth threatening with the small claims court
a CCJ isnt something any respectable business wants
but check with your legal bloke first
(Free consultation) or Citizens advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pamdelc

Free Member
Jan 30, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
10 years
Pamdel15

Thank goodness for forums like this where these crap companies can be exposed,vote with your feet!
hi I have got another one for you tc motorhomes from herne bay kent sold me a 2010 for a 2011 shister do not trust any of them the trouble I had loose gas fittings bowed habitation door had to have five new continentals left standing to long also now had four new Michelins aFTER 4000 MILES WHO BUILDS THJIS CRAP TO THINK WE KWEEP BUYING THEM:shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back