Brownhills of Cannock (1 Viewer)

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi all just phoned Brownhills of Cannock to see when my seat bases are arriving . Been told that Brownhills of Cannock have been sold and will be changing names as of next week ,i am now waiting for a call back to tell me whats going to happen to my seat bases (when they turn up ) as weve been wait 5 months for them , and looks as if its a trip to Newark.

Betty

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi all just phoned Brownhills of Cannock to see when my seat bases are arriving . Been told that Brownhills of Cannock have been sold and will be changing names as of next week ,i am now waiting for a call back to tell me whats going to happen to my seat bases (when they turn up ) as weve been wait 5 months for them , and looks as if its a trip to Newark.

Betty

Typical Brownhills service eh Betty? :RollEyes:

Tie in your trip to Newark branch with the show and take all the Funsters with you - if you turn up mob handed you might just rattle them enough to make them hand over your seat bases! :roflmto:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Betty

We'll all "rally" in Brownhills reception for you Betty Next weekend.:ROFLMAO:

Maybe they'll sort it then?:RollEyes:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Got to be worth a shot :roflmto:

Even if you just take Jim & Lyndon along...........get them to wear black suits and shades - enough to put the wind up anybody :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just joking boys :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Something strange is going on, I called into Brownhills the other weekend to peruse the selection of RVs they have in stock, about 30 i would say, and to bait the odd salesman too I might add:ROFLMAO:
when approached (23 seconds) I said i was interested in two of the RVs on display and he then asked if i had a PX when told i had an RV to PX he went a funny colour ,said we arnt taking par ex,s he did not even want to know what I had or the deal expected and said these
RVs were outright sale only?????????????
me thinks due to the bad press of recent times a name change is due, were supposed to think they have closed and a new company is setting up
But Brownhills by any other name is still Brownhills !!!!!!!!!! we shall see:winky:
Geo

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Geo

I think you will find that Brownhills only bought into Westcroft's because they wanted the premises, or something like that.

I can't see any other way that 'Westcroft' - having sold the RV business to Brownhill - could then go off and set up a new company called Signature - or the ex sales manager of Westcroft, Adrian, could go off and set up another Rv dealership called TLC.

Seems like one RV dealership 'Westcroft' has closed and another two popped up in it's place - with Brownhill looking on in amazement :Eeek::Eeek:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Take Amy and Bruno with the two fellas ! that should get em off their bums and do the business Betty :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A

Anne

Deleted User
Brownhills Cannock

Hi Guys,

Bear with me as I am knew at this! Yup this is my first time!

We bought our very first motor home from B/hills Cannock in Oct 2007. Its a Compass Avantguard its just 3 yrs old this month!

About 5 weeks ago, my partner Robert was on his way back from at trip to Wigan (he was collecting a new hawk with his brother Joey and nephew Jez), just before he got onto the motorway, the clutch was making a very weird noise, so he pulled over.... a half later the RAC said there was a major problem with the clutch, which couldnt be fixed roadside, long story short he had to be towed back to Brownhills Cannock.

By 2.5 weeks, I was calling them up each day - was only being told it was booked into a local garage (why, when I thought they had their own garage at Cannock?)
And all this time was being told that if it wasnt under warranty - we would have to pay the costs.... Eventually was told that it had the thrush bearing on the clutch tho the work had now been completed and it wasnt wear and tear! - How could it have been wear and tear we hadnt had the thing 4 months, and it the time we had it had only clocked up 417 miles!

Have to say this is our first run in with them, but was not impressed - even tho it was sorted eventually, I was making all the calls, and on most occations wasnt even being called back!

Is it true they have been taken over/sold to someone else?

Our MOT is now due and we need to find some where we can take it to.... any suggestions of a decent place -not too far from us (Sedgley nr Dudley, West Midlands), where we will get decent service and not get ripped off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks

Anne

M

m300td

Deleted User
hope this is of some help first of all i brought a brand new compass advantgarde 400rl in may 06 a few months later the vechile battery failed and brownhills said it was not there problem after many phone calls with no one ringing back (common problem with brownhills) some one came out to change the battery except they brought with them a leisure battery to replace a starter battery (do they employ qualified persons) then some one else came out and replaced the battery with one that was more suitable for a mini totaly under rated and in the process of changing it forgot to put the securing clamp back on if i had drove the vechile and excellerated sharply the battery would shot backwards and shorted the live terminal out on the brake pipes with the high current short it would easy blow a hole in the brake pipe and or start a fire not a bad job for there service department.

i hope this helps for your problem with your M.O.T. i always use car repairs not far from the burnt tree island i always use them and have been taking motorhomes there for years phone 01215200342 if you need any help please email me on m300td@yahoo.com

Col447

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery !!!!
Exp
3rd M/H
Hi all .
I work for the company that has bought the Brownhills site at Cannock.
"Discover Leisure" which is the old Harringtons Caravans, Mendip Caravans, and the Barrons group. I have read (on another site) that we have spent £2.66 million, at least there was no mention of "Good Will" ::bigsmile:
Col

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

Taverturner

Deleted User
Hi, bear with me as I am new to this, I inadvertantely came across your forum when I was searching the net, to see why brownhills cannock was now Discover.

I am not surprised that it is taking so long for you to get parts, I am an ex employee of Brownhills Cannock and by the sounds of it it hasn't changed a bit. When I worked there you would be waiting months for parts or weeks to have your motorhome repaired. I am so glad I am out of there.

All I would suggest is that you keep pressurising them all the time, go down and make a fuss, cause that was the only thing that made any difference.

Let's hope this new company that has brought them can made a difference.

:thumb::Smile:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Col

Does "Discover Leisure" sell RV's?

If so please let us have details of website, or whatever for the BPG reference section

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back