Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Brownhills Motorhomes. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
movan posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
SandJ posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
What does it mean when having clicked on a review it say, "you do not have permission to view this review"?
Cheers
Saltings

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Camdoon posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Delboyarapaho posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Sorry to here about your experience. It seems endemic in the motor home trade at present. Because there is such a big increase in sales they just can't loose. We had a hab check and motor service with Elite Motorhomes (Banbury) as they are a Chausson dealer. They flooded the floor, put blood on two seats (which they left) and to finish it off left 76 holes with the moisture meter! That came to over £800.

But this is a real cartel as we then told Santander, whose Master Card we used, that we wished to have our habitation money back. Easier said than done. Filled in a 3 page form and attached a 4 page description and now they want an independent company to back up what we have said.

So approached White Arches in Wellingborough and Marquis in N'hampton both of whom absolutely refused to comment on another dealers work! So you just can't win - but, like you we are going to persevere and if necessary use the Small Claims Court route. It is worth the relatively small fee just to attach a claim to their name for future clients or suppliers to see.

We also have been in touch with Chausson (Trigano) in France who eventually answered our mail and told us we could only buy parts through a Chausson dealer who would have to fit them, and that they were very pleased with the way Elite dealt with their customers!

Just wait for the M/H show this w/e at the NEC. If any of those guys are present I will ensure the public hear of our experiences. In addition we will use social media to broadcast with pics how Elite have worked.

Good luck with Brownhills. That is one other dealer to go on the black list. We should have a separate "Black List" on this website!

Reactions: zac
Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
I agree - complacency seems to be a big issue at the moment. We went to the MH show at the NEC last week and having just bought a brand new MH at Highbridge we went to the Rapido stand with a couple of questions. Highbridge were ok but Jason the salesman told us he couldn't make the handover as he was on break prior to the MH NEC show - not a problem until we found out he WAS working on site and couln't be bothered even to say hello or thanks:-( Simple to fix but again complacency seems to override customer service.

Amazingly nobody from Rapido could be bothered to attend the show on the Thursday and none of the people representing Rapido were interested in someone who had already bought a new MH.
Customers are important - there I have said it.

Perhaps I should offer a training course to all MH selling companies - it would take about 5 minutes to complete but I suspect the information I conveyed would be totally new to them!!

On a lighter note we got a Bailey umberella which leaked:)

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
A real mix of sales personnel at MH show. The vast majority could be selling shoes or Big Macs they had virtually no in depth knowledge. The actual continental manufacturers were nowhere to be seen. I was staggered at the terrible build standard of the Autotrail - doors hanging off at strange angles - on-one had tried to repair them. Took a look at one and that was enough.

One thing that struck us was that the UK MH's were really like caravans with a motor at one end. Whereas the continental models were real MH's and it was evident that thought had gone into the design.

A great shame that Kabe, from Sweden, do not have an agency over here yet. They are real class but do cost a pretty penny!

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
I agree. We looked at a dead posh van costing £192k Centurion???? Passenger head rest was falling off and quality was no better than our Rapido which is very good for the price. Perhaps foreign manufacturers have no need to come here as our own brands are so badly built? Such a shame:-(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I agree. We looked at a dead posh van costing £192k Centurion???? Passenger head rest was falling off and quality was no better than our Rapido which is very good for the price. Perhaps foreign manufacturers have no need to come here as our own brands are so badly built? Such a shame:-(
They can sell all they can make at Caravan Salon, the only Motorhome show worth going to IMO but works out a bit expensive only been 3 time and ended up with three new vans.:D

Jeniandjohn

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Rapidity 696ff
Exp
Jeniandjohn posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Hi

Unfortunately your story to my mind and experience is the same throughout most of the motor home trade. The bigger guys are only interested in one thing - make a profit whilst the sales are booming and blow the customer. If you saw how Elite Motor Homes left our Chausson after a service you would cry. They carried out the hab check with an invasive damp meter - the result is 76 holes in the interior! Then had the audacity to say that "at least a future buyer would be able to see you had it properly checked"! Like you the list goes on and on...

Cheers
Saltings

Deleted User
Hi

Although I bought mine in 2014, your story mirrors mine, seems like nothing has moved on. In the end moved all work to an independent and paid myself rather than wait for any more warranty work. Great site, great range, fabulous discounts can be negotiated, however, workshop totally out of control and working to an independent agenda which does not have room for the customer in it. If you bought and have had no issues with the van you would rate them 5 star, if you had issues they quickly drop to 1 star.

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
With Elite Motor Homes it also makes a big difference if you bought the original vehicle from them! Have just a service, although it costs an arm and a leg is still poorly done.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Terrible service to be honest will possibly never use again and will drive further afield to get warranty work done. went in for a habitation service was told all ok to collect the MH which is a 2 hr drive each way only to discover things not working which had been ticked to say were all ok and even had to ask for my service sheet as was just given an invoice only when spending best part of £400 also kept waiting for 25 minutes when I pointed out stuff not working which technician had said was 100% fine
Not imresed Brownhills you really do need to buck your ideas up

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
dshague posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Theonlysue