Brownhills demise? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longtemps

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Funster No
A friend of mine who has just returned from a trip to Brownhills has told me that one of the technicians on the QT said to him that with the amount of work they have on at the moment he cannot see the firm lasting the year. Has anyone else heard anything?

G

geoffw

Deleted User
brownhills demise

"loose lips sinks ships" comes to mind!
i work for brownhills and though no one can see into the future, we are progressing well in both sales and service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
"loose lips sinks ships" comes to mind!
i work for brownhills and though no one can see into the future, we are progressing well in both sales and service.

Methinks that geoffw might just be a company spy flying a false flag of convenience ! anybody else considered that ?..:Cool: :Cool: :Cool:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
No offence but if I had a pound for everything that Iv'e been told on the QT I would be a rich man. More often than not there's no truth in it.
Jim
:Smile:

G

geoffw

Deleted User
i understand why you could feel this way, but i have been at brownhills for a number of years and i am proud of that. i am also aware of our persieved reputation and have over the past couple of weeks since joining, tried to contact people on the site who clearly have issues with us, to at the very least offer the chance of discussing their problems.
This to date has had a mixed response, but i am here as a private individual, with no company agenda, no promise to resolve every problem, but a desire to put brownhills side occasionally. I hope no one sees anything sinister in this

OP
OP
L

Longtemps

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Funster No
Methinks that geoffw might just be a company spy flying a false flag of convenience ! anybody else considered that ?..:Cool: :Cool: :Cool:
I think you are right, but at least someone from the firm is bothering to read the posts and maybe just maybe things will actually change, as opposed to merely saying they have.
Still I would be very wary of buying new from them this year particularly with regards to warranty work being carried out if they do go!

U

ulteriormotivedetect

Deleted User
Longtemps - I spoke to a friend today who had visited Brownhills and he had a conversation with a technician on the QT - I was told that you were probably the chap who had not spent a penny with Brownhills in over 7 years but after all those years of free overnight stays and all that goes with it - you were banned for shouting and swearing at one of the staff and your membership revoked when you booked a whole series of future visits to their site despite being asked not to. The "tech" seemingly said they were at a loss to know why you would erupt like that after all, they seemed to think that 7 years freebies was enough and just asked politely for it to come to an end. I was told that since then - you have posted nothing but derogatory comments about them on mhf until you ran out of free credits and now you have found your way on here. If thats true - not very nice.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Longtemps - I spoke to a friend today who had visited Brownhills and he had a conversation with a technician on the QT - I was told that you were probably the chap who had not spent a penny with Brownhills in over 7 years but after all those years of free overnight stays and all that goes with it - you were banned for shouting and swearing at one of the staff and your membership revoked when you booked a whole series of future visits to their site despite being asked not to. The "tech" seemingly said they were at a loss to know why you would erupt like that after all, they seemed to think that 7 years freebies was enough and just asked politely for it to come to an end. I was told that since then - you have posted nothing but derogatory comments about them on mhf until you ran out of free credits and now you have found your way on here. If thats true - not very nice.

Quite a first post??? :helptitanic::helpsos::whistle:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This to date has had a mixed response, but i am here as a private individual, with no company agenda, no promise to resolve every problem, but a desire to put brownhills side occasionally. I hope no one sees anything sinister in this

Brave man.

You take the flak here and if you overstep the mark you stare at a P45.

That makes you one of The Good Guys.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User

sinister?

Why Geoff, what could you possibly have to gain by 'promoting' Brownhills' side?

...any chance of getting the company to issue a statement to reassure past, present and future customers of their good intent?

Try this:

The current team at Brownhills are pleased to unreservedly support warranties issued by the Swift group provided that servicing of the habitation area has been carried out, at recommended times, at a Swift recommended service centre/dealership.

Time to perform or get off the pot....:ROFLMAO:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
sinister?

Why Geoff, what could you possibly have to gain by 'promoting' Brownhills' side?

...any chance of getting the company to issue a statement to reassure past, present and future customers of their good intent?

Try this:

The current team at Brownhills are pleased to unreservedly support warranties issued by the Swift group provided that servicing of the habitation area has been carried out, at recommended times, at a Swift recommended service centre/dealership.

Time to perform or get off the pot....:ROFLMAO:

When I had a warranty problem the service department at Newark would "NOT " fix the problem under warranty .They were the supplying dealer from new and the motorhome only 18 months old, but because I had had my habitation service done at an Explorer Group approved Dealership at a more convenient location and time for me and the service was done on the required date and the service book stamped this did not matter. When I argued the point with them I was told if " We " do not do your habitation service why should we honour the warranty, a bit like blackmail no service with us no warranty with us.
Up to that point I was more than happy with the service I had received from Brownhills I had some teething problems don't we all which were sorted for me in good time without any problems the staff were extreamely helpfull and polite and I would have recomended them to anyone who were looking to buy a motorhome , but since they were now refusing to continue to honour my warranty with them which I had paid for in my purchase price I am not of the same opinion which is a shame having been badly let down by their lack of commitment towards me as a paying customer.:Doh:

B

bedbug

Deleted User

its well known that all the sales staff and managers read this site!
Some of them cannot talk to people they just e-mail.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Surely in view of the present financial climate when all companies are struggling to beat the odds it does nobody any favours to spread unsubstantiated rumours, as any bad publicity could adversely affect sales and possibly contribute to the demise of any company facing financial difficulties.
The possible closure of firms will only have a long term negative affect on a hobby and way of life that we all value and enjoy leaving us with less choice, less competition and less services.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The long standing owner of Johns Cross is very happy to unreservedly support warranties issued by the Swift group provided that servicing of the habitation area has been carried out, at recommended times, at a Swift recommended service centre/dealership.:thumb:

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am not happy with this thread. Its way off topic, the topic being an unsubstantiated rumour. If you wish to discuss the service you have received from this company please do so in another thread. I do not want to give any more life to this one.:Smile:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back