Brompton folding bicycle (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I wildcamp and use a bike to :-

1. Cycle to the shops with a folding trailer.

QUOTE]

folding trailer please tell me more any pics?:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Found this on 'the other side' if anyone interested.
http:// ************************/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75210

OH Dear on MHF-there is a folder for sale at a pretty good price.
Why Oh why is this censorship occouring?

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why Oh why is this censorship occouring?

It's called tit for tat.

OR, to maintain the purity of thought of Funsters who may be corrupted into turning into petty snarling beasties if they come into contact with The Dark Side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The bike is not included in the Nano Brompton, just the motor in a new wheel, wider front forks and the battery, cables etc and it costs £749. Add the cost of the bike and you need a mortgage.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I wildcamp and use a bike to :-

1. Cycle to the shops with a folding trailer.

2. Go looking for water, places to dump, parking etc

3. Take the dog for a walk off road.

4. Go looking for places to overnight off road.

I have a Dahon Zero-G folding 26" wheel ATB. It's just one lever to fold and fits easily into the van's 'garage'.

Don't know how many thousands of miles I've done on it but have worn one set of tyres out.

A Brompton - don't make me laugh:roflmto:

Folding mountain bike-you aving a laugh.

If you want a serious mountain bike buy a ridged one:winky:

steve

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Bigfoot

I have an Avenir 2 wheel trailer. A google search will find some pics. Argos flog 'em for about £90 I think. It's served me well but the fixing to the bike is not very good. Newer models have a redesigned fixing. Overloaded it once when delivering Yellow Pages. The breakaway strap turned it into a very effective brake but managed to stay the right side of the handlebars:Blush:

Going to Portugal late Jan & hope to stop off & pick up a single wheel trailer designed by a Brit living in Portugal. www.oxtailbicycle trailers.com.

Hi Chigman

I don't want a serious bike. I like 'em hilarious & it usually is when I ride 'em.:Eeek:

defitz

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Funster No
Exp
more than most of ye-50+
Hi Bigfoot

I have an Avenir 2 wheel trailer. A google search will find some pics. Argos flog 'em for about £90 I think. It's served me well but the fixing to the bike is not very good. Newer models have a redesigned fixing. Overloaded it once when delivering Yellow Pages. The breakaway strap turned it into a very effective brake but managed to stay the right side of the handlebars:Blush:

Going to Portugal late Jan & hope to stop off & pick up a single wheel trailer designed by a Brit living in Portugal. Link Removed trailers.com.

Hi Chigman

I don't want a serious bike. I like 'em hilarious & it usually is when I ride 'em.:Eeek:
:ROFLMAO:I've had many trailers -some good, otherts -well you'd be better backpacking 'cept at 73..... however i currently have 3 -one goes with a di blazi folding 49 cc useful combo and easily packed. might sell it cheaply but it won 't b e available until late spring 'cos its in a boatyard in Burgundy and I' wont be there until weather much warmer like llte May. I have another here in Belfast today little trailer but i rarely use it now -find I can get all i need on my Piaggio. The third is the very best of all 've ever had- its a Carry Freedom and the very best cycle trailer I've ever had. I bought it like i bought so many bikes and trailers over the years, for train travel bus and other travel across Europe aircraft too,when aircraft baggage was affordable but that's prohibitive now so i never fly anymore!
Butthere are lots onthe market nowadays -when i started searching for trailer, they were impossible to find in UK but legion everywhere in Eastern and to some extent in the rest of Europe.
But of them all, that cary Freedom is by farhe best- the wheels come off in a snap, ditto the towbar, clasp them all together and.....presto, you have a flatpack.And I think I take the credit for suggesting to the designer ( I had one of the very first of these)to add another handle so itcould be towed as a pedestrian baggage trailer- and yes-he did! (I now feeling very smug)
But the trailer is really good and so easy to pull-never notice it behind my FreeGo Hawk electric bike -and it's not noticeable behind my boat-based Brompton either: it is really great for sourcing petrol, groceries whatever often a couple of km along the canal bank.sa I hardly ever notice it!:Doh:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back