Broken Tap on Hobby 600 (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
The single lever mixer kitchen sink tap has decided to stop working. Operating the lever it feels lumpy as though it is not turning the internal workings.
I believe I have found a replacement one at £60 which seems expensive for what it is but looking at my sink and tap can see no way of getting at it.
It seems to me that the sink and tap were fitted to the worktop before it was fitted on top of the kitchen units.
I can just get my hand under the sink and up the back and feel the pipe connectors and that's about it.
Anybody any idea how the tap body is fitted to the work top eg screws somewhere or a bloody big nut, and would it be easier to cut a section out of the wardrobe wall to access behind the sink.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
easiest way is to take the sink out to access the locking nut and pipe connections. when being built, the cupboards and sink unit are assembled including the pipes etc before being installed. makes sense on the production line but fixing things later can get very awkward

have you tried to dismantle the tap to check if a grub screw has come loose yet?

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Thanks Big1,
No not tried dismantling it yet as I cant see a way into it yet, will have a proper look tomorrow.
As for taking the sink out I cant see how that is fixed in either, it is fitted underneath the worktop and on first inspection I cannot see how its held in place. Maybe it will appear easier in daylight but hoped somebody on here might have had to do it and been able to tell me how to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If you prise of the blue/red, hot/cold indicator from the lever, that gives you access to a screw which will let you get at the cartridge insert inside. If all that checks out ,then like Biggy says, you may have to remove the sink.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back