Broken into at motorway services Spain (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
OK I have read all the reports of this happening but my van had the hab door lock 'screwdrivered' on my driveway after which I fitted that with a deadlock.
Not having slept much on Friday night with chest pain, I felt quite ill Saturday Morning but decided to travel, the really rough crossing didn't help
Anyway, set off from Barcelona Saturday about 8.30pm after getting off the ferry from Mallorca ( heading North on the AP7 to France and on to Dieppe and Newhaven and home.
I drove maybe an hour and a half, just couldn't carry on so pulled into a service area. Decided I would have a hot drink and 'crash' - no gas!
I struggled in and out of the van half a dozen times to discover the rubber hose kinked.
Put my 2 phones on charge, locked the doors, credit cards and cash away and finally collapsed into bed and fell fast off.
Woke up next morning, 'big' phone gone but strangely my old Samsung J3 still there on the dash, and I'd left my keys in the ignition!
I don't know why the J3 was left but it helped me sort stuff out to get back.
...........the journey from there to Dieppe didn't get any better either..............
I took a LF test yesterday, negative, day 2 test today - probably just a heavy cold.................

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
As you don’t remember leaving your keys in the ignition, is it at all possible in your tired state and gettining in and out of the van, as you say half a dozen times, you could have dropped your missing phone outside?

Were all the doors still locked in the morning with the deadlocks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
WOW quite an experience, I know this is after the event but that area including Barcelona is notorious for break ins and motorway services are the worst place to stay.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
OK I have read all the reports of this happening but my van had the hab door lock 'screwdrivered' on my driveway after which I fitted that with a deadlock.
Not having slept much on Friday night with chest pain, I felt quite ill Saturday Morning but decided to travel, the really rough crossing didn't help
Anyway, set off from Barcelona Saturday about 8.30pm after getting off the ferry from Mallorca ( heading North on the AP7 to France and on to Dieppe and Newhaven and home.
I drove maybe an hour and a half, just couldn't carry on so pulled into a service area. Decided I would have a hot drink and 'crash' - no gas!
I struggled in and out of the van half a dozen times to discover the rubber hose kinked.
Put my 2 phones on charge, locked the doors, credit cards and cash away and finally collapsed into bed and fell fast off.
Woke up next morning, 'big' phone gone but strangely my old Samsung J3 still there on the dash, and I'd left my keys in the ignition!
I don't know why the J3 was left but it helped me sort stuff out to get back.
...........the journey from there to Dieppe didn't get any better either..............
I took a LF test yesterday, negative, day 2 test today - probably just a heavy cold.................

Sorry to hear your news.
I can't comment on the theft / phone etc. but I would suggest taking a second lateral flow test. I have done 3 today; one positive, one appears negative and one very faint. There is loads of covid going around my work place and several folk reported heavy colds just before being diagnosed. I feel as though what I have is a cold that is getting worse. I've been triple jabbed and am possibly 18 hours into covid - some of my colleagues are tripple jabbed as well and they have had a rough week or so off week.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
As you don’t remember leaving your keys in the ignition, is it at all possible in your tired state and gettining in and out of the van, as you say half a dozen times, you could have dropped your missing phone outside?

Were all the doors still locked in the morning with the deadlocks?

Only the hab door has a deadlock, it is obvious the lock is damaged - the key won't work - but a screwdriver will:LOL:

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Screwdrivered the drivers lock and popped it. 20 year old Mobilvetta, will now look for deadlocks for both cab doors.

Will post photo later, only got home yesterday.
If it's got central locking on a fob then just remove the whole lock barrel units, I took my passenger side one off

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Hope you are feeling a bit better soon Barclaybasher
echo movan get those chest pains looked at.
get yourself a PCR test too.
Doesn’t matter if the pain had gone, get it checked out.

I had a heart attack 8 years ago, theses pains were different, small pain with strong breath in, more if I coughed and worst of all if I sneezed.
I also had sore throat, cough, headache and a bit of a temperature - now all gone. Took paracetemol, then ibruprofen for a couple of days - feeling normal now (for an old bloke)(y)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I had a heart attack 8 years ago, theses pains were different, small pain with strong breath in, more if I coughed and worst of all if I sneezed.
I also had sore throat, cough, headache and a bit of a temperature - now all gone. Took paracetemol, then ibruprofen for a couple of days - feeling normal now (for an old bloke)(y)
You sound like me, ‘I’ll be all right’ glad you are feeling better.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Screwdrivered the drivers lock and popped it. 20 year old Mobilvetta, will now look for deadlocks for both cab doors.

Will post photo later, only got home yesterday.
Oh, ok, same as happened to us. It’s amazing how they sneak in and take one thing. No drink or tiredness involved in our case though !

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Just opened my ripoff day 2 test - First - "Download the Randox Certifly App from Playstore".............won't do it on my J3

Wouldn't do it for the NHS App either......locator form only online.... technology eh...... :doh:

It can wait until tomorrow when I get my new phone and sim...... off now to sort out the van

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back