Broken Hekli roof light. (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I have a separate thread running in MH Chat forum. But just in case I thought I might try the Adria section.
I am struggling to remove the decorative panel that sits around the helk roof light above the kitchen area. I need to remove this panel first before I can get to the actual heki roof leight. Does anyone know how to remove this panel. I would be forever in your debt.

Thanking you in anticipation.

PS. the reason I need to get to the heki light is; one of the plastic lugs that guide the pull strings has broken off. A common fault by all accounts.

PPS. just to be clear, it's the decorative panel which is suspended from the roof that I struggling to remove, not the heki.

Attachments

• IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If there is no visible screws or fixings then itā€™ll be the good old fashioned pull and hope for the best...šŸ˜±

disclaimer: not responsible for any damage caused by this advice...šŸ¤”

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I would drop Adria an email

info@adria-mobilehome.com

They were very helpful when we had a query.

The other alternative is to try a dealer such as Geoff Cox who may be willing to give advice although as they are in business they may be unwilling to give information for free. We bought from Geoff Cox and have had excellent service from them, they are really nice people to deal with.

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I would drop Adria an email

info@adria-mobilehome.com

They were very helpful when we had a query.

The other alternative is to try a dealer such as Geoff Cox who may be willing to give advice although as they are in business they may be unwilling to give information for free. We bought from Geoff Cox and have had excellent service from them, they are really nice people to deal with.
I have since been able to fix the issue with the fly screen within the heki roof light. but have also dropped Adria an email. At least I'll be armed with the solution should it happen again.

Incidently mime came fro Geoff Cox when new in 2016.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If it is the part I am thinking of, you pinch it from either side and it falls out very easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Its the big white panel seen in the image below. its suspended about 25mm below the ceiling, and sits over the heki roof light. in the kitchen area.

Attachments

• IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 16

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have since been able to fix the issue with the fly screen within the heki roof light. but have also dropped Adria an email. At least I'll be armed with the solution should it happen again.

Incidently mime came fro Geoff Cox when new in 2016.

I'm sure Gavin or one of his guys at Geoff Cox would be able to talk you through it. We also bought our van from them in 2016 and they have been nothing but helpful. When we bought our van (also from new) they put disability adaptations in free of charge!! We've had further mods made by them since and they have always been very competitive price wise.

We missed our trip for service and hab check this year of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back