Broken Fiamma Zip Awning Help & Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
The Support arm of my awning decided to break early Sunday morning, it was raining and not very windy but there was no build up of water. Now I have it removed from the motorhome I can see the cast aluminium hinge has broken inside the aluminium arm and the steel wires have twisted it out of the arm.
It has also ripped one of the legs off but thats just a pop rivet.

Is this a common problem and does it mean I am going have the other arm break soon.
Is it worth replacing the arm or should I get a whole new awning or go for a driveaway awning

Help and advice please.

And just to make the decision that bit more difficult I live on the Isle of Wight so to see any range of poducts it means a ferry over to the mainland every time

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Er, you did say a Fiammi Zip??? Wires??? Are you talking a fixed awning??

Sorry mate, my link is for the fold out legs AT THE END!!
If the middles gone, (folding arm), forget it, very expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Its the wind out sort not the one you unroll and the arms and legs come out of the tube.
The broken hinge is on the fold out arms

Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The Support arm of my awning decided to break early Sunday morning, it was raining and not very windy but there was no build up of water. Now I have it removed from the motorhome I can see the cast aluminium hinge has broken inside the aluminium arm and the steel wires have twisted it out of the arm.

Is this a common problem and does it mean I am going have the other arm break soon.
Is it worth replacing the arm or should I get a whole new awning or go for a driveaway awning

Help and advice please.

And just to make the decision that bit more difficult I live on the Isle of Wight so to see any range of poducts it means a ferry over to the mainland every time
Hi What size is your awning I might be

Help and advice please.

Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi vectian
Sorry coming back so late The one I have is a 450 Zip
Vana

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Thank Vana and Minx.
From what I can see on parts its going to cost about £250/£300 for parts then theres the fitting which looking at the broken one I think will be a bit tricky for me.
So I'm going to get a new one probably from Fiammastore @ Southdowns in Portsmouth, I can drop in there when I head up North in October for a week away and if I get it right the new one will fit the brackets already on my moho.
At least then I'll have peace of mind about it going again for not too much more than the repair.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
dont forget if you go to the right place you can safe 10% with your funster discount

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
That’s what I have and having problems after replacing arm winding in and out
Wind it out fully and have an assistant or preferably 2 put some tension on the fabric as you wind it in straight

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back