Broken down / PCR Test (1 Viewer)

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Hello Funsters
I was supposed to be boarding the ferry at bilbao for Portsmouth at 14.15 today (Sunday) but I broke down at Palencia and my bike is now in the breakdown yard waiting to be taken to a garage in the morning . I have rebooked the santander to Plymouth ferry for 17.00 tomorrow (Monday).
I had my PCR test on Friday at 15.00. Will I need to have another one if I can make tomorrow's ferry st 17.00. I have read other threads on here concerning the 3 day 72 hour rule, but with all that's going on i just can't get my head round it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tia
Colin.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I think you need to take another one, but I would double and treble check.
You dont need to take a PCR test. A Lateral flow is adequate.
Use this to check the time scales.

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I think you need to take another one, but I would double and treble check.
You dont need to take a PCR test. A Lateral flow is adequate.
Use this to check the time scales.

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll miss it by 3 hours. Handy calculator though. Thanks very much šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
How did you get on ?
Took jessthedog advice and just had the antigen test easier and cheaper. Got back home 3 days later than planned. Breakdown took bike away rather than try to fix it that was on a Sunday. Bike is still in Palencia awaiting repatriation which will take upto 14 days . Breakdown assistance (rac through Bennetts insurance) Would only pay Ā£30 per night toward hotel which i have to claim. They paid for rental car but not petrol to take me to Bilbao then a taxi from Bilbao to ferry. Off the other side because my ferry was a late one I had already booked into a travelodge within walking distance. Then in morning Breakdown assistance arranged and paid for a taxi to take me to Europe car hire to collect and drive home in.
Like I said still awaiting bike . Breakdown assistance were sometimes good and sometimes not so good depending on who I spoke with. Some were better than others. But overall so far (depends on if my bike turns up and the condition its in) i was fairly pleased with the service I received.
Colin.
Ps As the days passed I had to keep changing my passenger locater form as I wasn't sure which day I would be leaving on. Also I had to amend my ferry booking daily not knowing when exactly I would be boarding. Plus I had to contact the ferry and explain that I would be coming on as a foot passenger so they could make the necessary arrangements.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back