broken door lock (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
My friend pulled off the inside handle on the main habitation door and I cant seem to fix it back into place, the inner bit of the handle seems to slot into a d shaped metal thing but it wont stay there , is there a bolt missing that holds it there, where do the two bottom fork things go ??? is there a demo or diagram anywhere, Ive seen the one on here that shows how to replace a whole lock but im sure mine is fixable ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
PLEEESE can someone help me with this....
Is an RV door handle / lock the same as a caravan door ?
could a domestic locksmith fix a winnebago door ?
Ive looked on the winnebago website and the habitation door hatches look different.
Theres a whole unit on ebay for £136 which is money I dont have, im sure its just a case of putting the right bit in the right place.
It took me 20 minutes to get out today, god help me if theres an emergency.
Im currently in manchester so could do with someone local.....HELP !!

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
door lock

what door lock do you have? does it have one key barrel on the out side or two? and is it black or chrome? and lastly does it have a paddle release on the inside with two little red levers for the locks or one single lever and a black knob that is a push/pull to lock it? we have both types on the shelf.
Dunc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hi dunc
ive taken the pics attached to show you what type it is

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Is it the whole inside piece that pulled off, ie handle still on plate?

If its that simple you've just got to get the fork in the right place and Bob's you aunty.

Right place, with the door open the front fork fits into the middle of the effective fork on the main part of the unit (bit in the door) and sits in board of the 'floating' bit of metal on that fork, if that makes sence? Just replace the lock barrel on ours at the weekend, insanly simple job, all of 2 mins! Last RV took half an hour as the whole unit had to be stripped down.

Hope that helps?

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
The inside handle came of in my friends hand, having taken off the cover plate I found the brass coloured "d" shaped thing with the fork at one end. I just cant fathom where this should go, looking at old wear marks it looks like the fork goes at the bottom. Ive tried it in several places but it still wont open. Im thinking the brass "d" bit somehow holds onto the handle but the square bit I think is missing something to hold it in place, tried various glues, chemical metal and now its holding together with a washer and screw. Theres also a little spring attached the the latch which looks like it should be hooked onto some where.....
OOHHH STOP PRESS>>>>>>>>

I think ive fixed it ????? 3 washers and a good screw driver later....fingers crossed !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back