Broadband speed (2 Viewers)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
28mbps down and 15mbps up. This is with fibre, however it seems very slow on actual sites. Is this contention ratio, I know it used to be a big thing in the early days but haven't heard the expression in years.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
:D
:rofl::rofl::rofl: bloody hell what you on about, we've only just got an indoor loo and running water, anyway your far closer to where all the action is:restmycase:

Indoor loo.................you'll be telling me next you don't use the Daily Mirror cut into quarters to wipe your................:D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Funny thing is, I don't often buy a paper but when i do its The Daily Mail:coolest:

No shame there but I try not to read any of the papers if I can help it. And to keep this on thread again.........comms in Powys is poor, isn't it!:)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We were Cable and Wireless then NTL and now Virgin and are up to 120 giggergobbles, super fast f/optics. :D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We were Cable and Wireless then NTL and now Virgin and are up to 120 giggergobbles, super fast f/optics. :D

It's obvious to me that you don't live in Wales then knee...............but thanks for rubbing it in anyway!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How about ZILCH speed! That's what we get most of the time at home, be it with '3' or 'EE' ... here in deepest darkest Lincolnshire it's faster than the jet aircraft flying overhead!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry you'll have to spell it out I'm thick:confused:

You're not alone there wizzer I use age as an excuse, I was trying to say that there's no shame in buying the Daily Mail, the shame comes in reading it!:D
Plus the thread deviation team will be along in a moment to tell us off for hijacking the thread:eek:
To keep it on thread our broadband (here in Powys) is ........well a challenge sometimes!(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It's obvious to me that you don't live in Wales then knee...............but thanks for rubbing it in anyway!;)

No we live in notloB, fibre optic heaven, all seems very slow when were away though.:(

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
No we live in notloB, fibre optic heaven, all seems very slow when were away though.:(

Lucky you, we're thinking of getting a new 4G Mifi but we don't go to cities often so not sure it's worth it. One of my colleagues at work has one and he is amazed at the download speeds he gets on the move. (That's said in the best possible taste by the way. )

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Satellite broadband is now more affordable and you can take it on the move as it uses the same satellite that sky does
I keep looking into this as my speed is crap. I can find very few reviews on this subject. I do know that there are latency issues that my prevent streaming.
I'm having a survey done this week that may allow me to have wireless broadband from a repeater station five miles away.
I'll keep you posted.

I think that Jim the boss man has looked at satellite broadband but wasn't impressed.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well - the man has been and gone and we lost service for about 15mins. Seems an a.m. call meant just that for a change (y)

We now have fibre:) - can't see alot of difference at the mo but the guy said it could take a little while to settle. I'll run a a test later when I'm back.

Not that I'm rubbing it in or owt (well perhaps just a little bit:LOL::p)

@wizzer59

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Forgot to get back to this:doh: until I tested my speed again today an all time record of 0.03:Eeek: But I have BT checking the line next week:whistle2:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Went fibre on Monday, 52.35 Mbps

Can I ask please, did you run the test via a wired or wireless connection?

We've been on fibre a few weeks now, sometimes it's a little faster but the main thing we've noticed is using i-player and suchlike - no buffering or just once each session.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back