Broadband problems this morning - anybody else? (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Plusnet (my ISP) are aware of an issue connecting to some websites. I can't send any emails either because I can't reach their SMTP server.

Anyone else seeing this with other ISPs? Have the Russians started taking out our DNS servers? :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I haven't had a problem but I run a web site for a Heritage Trust and received a message from their web host yesterday.
Earlier today between approximately 12:38 and 12:55, our network along with a number of others suffered an outage affecting all connections to our servers. Although this issue has been resolved, we're still awaiting news from our network connection provider as to what happened to cause this. We will keep you informed of any news. We apologise for any inconvenience that this network outage has caused.
I did note that e-mails were not available around that time (I check four e-mail accounts at once using Eudora) but otherwise I've noticed no problems with anything.

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I haven't had a problem but I run a web site for a Heritage Trust and received a message from their web host yesterday.

I did note that e-mails were not available around that time (I check four e-mail accounts at once using Eudora) but otherwise I've noticed no problems with anything.

OK..thanks. Might just be Plusnet then....a few sites that I couldn't 'ping' earlier are now back, so hopefully by the time they update their status page at 11:00 things will be sorted out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I stopped for lunch today in the mountains between Agdz and Ouarzazate and to my horror discovered the only internet connection I could get was 2G and sooooooo sloooowwww that I decided to wait until I reached my destination near Ait Benhaddou.
Then when I arrived it was so bloody hot it was all I could do to sit in the shade of the awning and drink beer:Cool:
It's a hard life this Motorhome lark ain't it?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm on PlusNet fibre and their service status page reported they were having problems with subscribers connecting to some web pages.
According to them it was resolved by 14.15 this afternoon...
However, I'm still finding some pages are still very sluggish to load, although speed-tests suggest no slowdown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back