broadband just for weather forecast (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We travel very often to Europe and usually have no particular plan. If it's raining we move on, if it's sunny we stay.

Does anybody know of a cheap payg sim only tariff and a good weather forecast app that will let me plug about a dozen European cities in.

At the moment I am with Orange and I think their broadband in Europe has come down a bit. I used to get texts from them saying that internet access was only £4 per MB. They ought to say.... internet for a stonking great, eye watering, massive £4 per MB.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I think internet is the same price whatever you need it for,here is a earlier link--
Broken Link Removed

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
We find tom-tom works really well for us------gives us the weather anywhere.:thumb::thumb:
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Must admit that I'm enjoying this Tomtom Live stuff, weather on the go and where you like. If it's just for that and you're thinking of a new satnav then it may be worth thinking about.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Must admit that I'm enjoying this Tomtom Live stuff, weather on the go and where you like. If it's just for that and you're thinking of a new satnav then it may be worth thinking about.

I agree with Ridgeway. You don't need any sort of roaming agreement in order to find out the weather, just simply get a TomTom LIVE.

Any new TomTOm LIVE comes with 12 months subscription, so ideally don't turn it on until you're almost ready to leave to get the most out of your subscription.

You get Weather for the next 7 days either in your current location, a location that you choose or your "destination".

You also get "Live Traffic" which, I can tell you, has got me out of a few tight spots in the past!

You also get "Google Search" included, which means you can search for things without needing any POI's loaded - such as Lidl, Aldi etc and it will pull them from Google Maps.

What happens when the subscription expires? Simple! Sell it on eBay and buy a brand new one, with 12 months subscriptions, 12 months warrenty and a brand new full europe map for less then the cost of upgrading (I did this last year, cost me £37 in total!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back