Brittany - what to do / see? (1 Viewer)

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Despite numerous trips to France, we have never ventured west of Dinan. We often plan to explore deepest Brittany but then at the last minute decide that we would prefer to go somewhere else! (When I say 'we', I, of course, mean 'I' - the other half is happy to go where he is told!)

So, I am hoping that you lovely people can persuade me that Brittany is worth a visit and point me at your favourite places / things to do :D

We are off again around next weekend and need to be back for the first week in July - we are 2 humans plus 2 dogs and prefer aires and wild camping to campsites (but also have ACSI if needed).

Over to you .........

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
nice aire at campeneac by a small lake services upin the village chargeable
fougeres aire right next to the castle
bourg blanc nice aire by a lake, nice walks
lampaul plouarzel beach side aire on sandy teraces
camaret sur mer aire great walks & views from200 yards upon the hill
plogoff aire ok & able to visit point du raz great walks there also an aire
St Theggonec aire nice village
Maelstroit aires very pretty town by canal
Rochfort en terre beautiful village
la gacilly another lovely town
Carnac stones well worth seeing
Ile de Quiberon nice drive around
St gildas du Rhuys nice aire by the beach

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
One place well worth a visit is Puy Du Fou. It's near Cholet. We were advised by the Dutchman parked next to us on their Aire to not expect to see it in one day but to allow at least two days in order to see it all. Booking online beforehand gets the best deals (even just the day before getting to the turnstile). If possible (seasonal) make sure you take in the Scenecine show in the evening - just spectacular!

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
AS above. Puy Du Fou is terrific and you need 2 days to see it all. Great aire on site 9€ per night.
North Brittany is rugged like Cornwall, South Brittany is softer like Devon and Dorset, everywhere is nice in Brittany.
Phil

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
AS above. Puy Du Fou is terrific and you need 2 days to see it all. Great aire on site 9€ per night.
North Brittany is rugged like Cornwall, South Brittany is softer like Devon and Dorset, everywhere is nice in Brittany.
Phil
Hi Wyn and Jean. We will see you at the Upton blues festival. Regards Gill and Phil

OP
OP
OwnedbyCollies
Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
One place well worth a visit is Puy Du Fou. It's near Cholet. We were advised by the Dutchman parked next to us on their Aire to not expect to see it in one day but to allow at least two days in order to see it all. Booking online beforehand gets the best deals (even just the day before getting to the turnstile). If possible (seasonal) make sure you take in the Scenecine show in the evening - just spectacular!

Wyn
We have been to Puy du Fou and it was indeed well worth the trip but it was a few years ago so perhaps due a return visit :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've written a few times on here about our forages into Brittany. My suggestion would be to just whizz round the coast. :) Start say with the Rose Granite Coast then work your way round anti-clockwise finishing at Quiberon Bay. There is a lot to see, including all the prehistoric sites. Lots to eat too - if you go to Brittany and don't eat moules frittes shame on you! :).

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carteret has a nice Aire and just a few minutes walk to the beach and lots of WW2 German defences to see.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Puy du Fou is not in Brittany , it’s in the Vendee but we’ll wirth a visit if you are happy to head South rather than West into deepest Brittany.

Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years
There is a large aire (no services) at Le Guimorais, its listed under St Coulum, and is free. It's about a five minute walk to a lovely beach. Nice cliff top walks and a campsite about 100 yds away (ACSI) to dump and fill up etc. Great for the dogs! There is also one of the best sited campsites we've ever been on at Landrellec , Camping Du Port, on the front pitches you are literally feet away from the beach. Again great walks for the dogs. Ours loved it. Ile Grand is worth a visit too, aire is 10 euros with electricity, and services next door. We're still on our first visit to Brittany and love it, currently near Lorient but will be heading back up to the Tregastel area before we return home as it is so lovely.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
[QUOTE="OwnedbyCollies, post: 2866486, member: 9592"]I don't eat seafood! :sick: :eek: ........

..... but I am partial to almost everything else though![/QUOTE]

That is a 50-75% drawback on many menus in Brittany.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back