Spireman

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Chesterfield Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We're off to Brittany in two weeks, aiming for Quimper/ Concarneau area, but we are concerned about media reports regarding beach and sea conditions in northern Brittany.
Does anyone have recent personal experience of this area?
If conditions are bad, how far to the south do they extend?
Thank you for your help.--- John
:thumb:

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Hi John We have been to both areas. St michael en Grieve in 2002 and the smell from the seaweed was bad then. As for southern Brittany we were there last year in Concarneau Quimper and along the coast to Vannes. I can't see you having any trouble at all. The only thing I can see you having is a great time. Wish we were coming with you! :thumb:

penny

Free Member
Aug 18, 2009
chesterfield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
brittany

Hi spireman
i'm also about to go to brittany I hope its great, I like south brittany around quimper is lovely.
penny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi got back from a week over there last Sunday and in some places you could smell the weed but didn't notice anybody collapseing like the papers were saying

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We were down that way three weeks ago and didnt come across anything nasty, but it was busy on the aires :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:Wish we were still there.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
My son has just spent an hour on the phone telling me about his holiday in the Morbihan area of Brittany last week.
Much of his time was spent with my 4 year old grandaughter on the beach and in the sea!
Rest of the time appears to have been spent eating oysters and lobster going by his tales.
Fator 50 sun screen was getting used most days.

He was commenting on the fact that there were huge areas set aside for Motorhomes with signs for miles showing you where you could park !!
He had to talk his way past 2 'security' guarding one of the beachside parks because his Discovery couldnt get under the 1.9M barriers on the car parks.

Didn't have the heart to tell him we used them quite a lot when in France with the van.:Doh:

Reveuse

Free Member
Jul 19, 2008
Normandy
Funster No
Exp
since 1996
Spireman, yes the green algues is causing a lot of concern to the local activists but if it wasnt for the media hype I dont think tourists would notice anything! I was in St Michel en Greve couple of weeks ago and they were having a big rally about the problem at one end of the beach, lots of speakers miked up and quite a big crowd, all along the rest of the beach families were having good times, playing and paddling and swimming and sunbathing and all the usual, does that answer your question? If there was a bit of a niff it was nowhere as near as what was coming out of my waste tank, but that's another thread .... Have a good hol, Concarneau is great, recommend Quiberon and the Cote Sauvage if you are round there, if you do aires you can park up facing the sea and watch the sunset, magical

Reveuse

Free Member
Jul 19, 2008
Normandy
Funster No
Exp
since 1996
Update on that - just seen on the news that there was a burst sewage pipe at Concarneau yesterday, bathing and fishing are prohibed along that section of the coast while they carry out tests. Maybe take the slow road to Concarneau and give it a few days to clear.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We were there in June for 2 weeks and for week or so at the beginning of August. Didnt notice anything. Personally I prefer the Northern coast as I think its more picturesque and there seems to be loads more good wilding spots along there near the sea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back