• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Brittany house sit? (1 Viewer)

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
posting on behalf of friends who have a lovely house in Morbihan. They had house sitters arranged to cover from mid June to mid Aug but the sitters had to cancel due to ill health.
Anyone who fancies a couple of summer months in lovely Brittany and is happy to look after a couple of easy care cats, mow the grass every now and again and share a glass or two with us occasionally? We live in the area but it is too far to go every day to look after the cats....and if I bought them here my little terriers would probably try and eat them?
Anyone seriously interested please PM me and I can pass further details and pass details to my friends. There will be an interview of course, which I will do in place of our friends, usually lasts about a couple of glasses of good rose, few beers for Imindoors and a BBQ. :pop:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hope you/they get sorted but if all else fails have they considered a cat run where you could keep them safe in your garden?

OP
OP
Scrappie

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
My dogs would persecute them! The poor kitty's would end up traumatised I'm afraid. My dogs are only Jack Russell's but they can dig like moles!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Would love this but can't do it this year :( Great opportunity for someone - hope it works out.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Would love it. We've already done this twice in Greece. Unfortunately still waiting and waiting for the dvla to renew Glenn's licence. Got the appointment for the medical today but it looks like there are still lots of hoops to jump through.............. shame. Hope you find someone.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Perhaps Ian the builder could swing by and assist. mind you your friends could come back and find he has build something they didn't expect!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scrappie

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
Cricky, if that's the case, I'll go look after the cats, Ian the builder can stay at mine......the foundations for our sitting room extension are in already so he can build to his hearts content. Real elves-shoemaker stuff!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What a cracking opportunity, I'm afraid I've booked and paid for the next two months and one or two hospital appointments, but I really would have jumped at the chance of two summer months near the Gulf of Morbihan otherwise.

Best of luck. Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back