1996, then break 'til 2011
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk

Portsmouth - Bilbao
16th June 2021 - 23:00​
mailshot_grey_line_reverse.gif
CF_Generic.jpg
mailshot_grey_line.gif
Cancelled sailing

I am writing today with the news that your upcoming sailing has unfortunately been cancelled. Ongoing uncertainty over international travel has forced us to further consolidate our sailing timetables and I am sorry to confirm that you are among our customers who will be impacted.
The Armorique and Normandie will not be carrying passengers until 20th June 2021, and sailings on the Barfleur, Bretagne, and Cap Finistère have been cancelled until 27th June 2021. Whilst I appreciate that any cancellation will cause inconvenience and disappointment, I hope this message brings some clarity to your travel plans. For those still wishing to travel on a Spanish service, in addition to the Portsmouth to Santander sailings on board Galicia, the Pont-Aven will be sailing to and from Plymouth and Santander from 6th June 2021.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk

Portsmouth - Bilbao
16th June 2021 - 23:00​
mailshot_grey_line_reverse.gif
CF_Generic.jpg
mailshot_grey_line.gif
Cancelled sailing

I am writing today with the news that your upcoming sailing has unfortunately been cancelled. Ongoing uncertainty over international travel has forced us to further consolidate our sailing timetables and I am sorry to confirm that you are among our customers who will be impacted.
The Armorique and Normandie will not be carrying passengers until 20th June 2021, and sailings on the Barfleur, Bretagne, and Cap Finistère have been cancelled until 27th June 2021. Whilst I appreciate that any cancellation will cause inconvenience and disappointment, I hope this message brings some clarity to your travel plans. For those still wishing to travel on a Spanish service, in addition to the Portsmouth to Santander sailings on board Galicia, the Pont-Aven will be sailing to and from Plymouth and Santander from 6th June 2021.​
A sign of the times....no guarantees. I'm off to sunny Norwich next week without fear of cancellation. :winky:

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Me too, just got bumped....I'm never going to get home at this rate, stranded in the UK since Xmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Me too, just got bumped....I'm never going to get home at this rate, stranded in the UK since Xmas.
You're lucky!

We had some Pandemic Refugees in our holiday home 'for a couple of weeks' over the winter (October to April).

They have UK passports but reside in Australia,
They came over to the UK in March 2020 for a wedding, just before 1st lockdown.
They are still here now!

One works for the Aussie Government, so has been "working from home" (nights of course) for the last 16 months!
Other one has now lost her job in Oz and is working in the UK which will make it harder to get home.

They were something like number 30,000 on the Australian repatriation list, last I heard is they were were in the top 10,000, but Australia is only taking back around 1,000 of it's citizens per week, and those without Aussie passports are automatically at the back of the queue.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
This has happened to me four times and the last time at the end of March they took the balance a couple of weeks before then cancelling the sailing and l am still waiting for refund but don’t expect to get it.
BF then issued a refund voucher with no regard for me and presumably all the other people booked, guess where the refund voucher was sent? To my home in the UK, no bloody good when I am in Spain and they are advising rebooking which the cancelled booking was anyway.
Had they emailed the Voucher Number l could at least have tried to use it.
This happened previously l had to pay when booking as it was short notice and no voucher at hand,
BF are totally scandalous they are financing their business by booking sailings and taking the money then cancelling said sailings.
l for one will never use them again.

Deleted User
Perhaps they are managing a very difficult, changing situation in a manner that will enable them to carry on trading.
We have been 'stuck' in Portugal since last September, numerous crossings amended and refund vouchers on line without problem.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
My booking - Portsmouth -Bilbao was cancelled this morning (Cap Finistere).
I re-booked straight away for the same day - Plymouth - Santander on the Pont Aven no extra charge (y)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
This has happened to me four times and the last time at the end of March they took the balance a couple of weeks before then cancelling the sailing and l am still waiting for refund but don’t expect to get it.
BF then issued a refund voucher with no regard for me and presumably all the other people booked, guess where the refund voucher was sent? To my home in the UK, no bloody good when I am in Spain and they are advising rebooking which the cancelled booking was anyway.
Had they emailed the Voucher Number l could at least have tried to use it.
This happened previously l had to pay when booking as it was short notice and no voucher at hand,
BF are totally scandalous they are financing their business by booking sailings and taking the money then cancelling said sailings.
l for one will never use them again.
Same here, I am having a lot of issues

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
My booking - Portsmouth -Bilbao was cancelled this morning (Cap Finistere).
I re-booked straight away for the same day - Plymouth - Santander on the Pont Aven no extra charge (y)
Been there done that and a week before sailing on the new booking it’s cancelled. It’s becoming the norm.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
It was the uncertainty which made me decide to push both of the crossings we had planned for later this year back to 2022. I think we will end up with our current controls beyond the 21st June and maybe even more local lockdowns. Hoping that things may be better early next year.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ve just booked 9th June Plymouth santander, we will hopefully move our tunnel booking yet again! The available cabins seem to have shrunk appreciably since yesterday morning so hopefully thetre will be enough on to make it worth sailing,. our biggest concern now is Spain changing its mind about letting us in.

Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
It happened to us too, but we managed to get a crossing from Santander instead the following day. Even though this crossing came with free breakfast and dinner and was £120 each more per person, they honoured our original price from Bilbao. As mentioned above, we are all just struggling through uncertain times. I presumed the original boat wasn't full and it was a business decision they had to take. It was no big deal, I'd rather that they they go bust 🤷‍♀️

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just a heads up.

I spoke with someone who works for BF last night. They are taking some bookings for Cap Finsistere online. But you will be 99% likely to be bumped onto Galacia to Santander. Cap Finsitrere is unlikely to sail until late June at the earliest.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Just a heads up.

I spoke with someone who works for BF last night. They are taking some bookings for Cap Finsistere online. But you will be 99% likely to be bumped onto Galacia to Santander. Cap Finsitrere is unlikely to sail until late June at the earliest.
My booking was cancelled on Cap Finistere,

I re-booked on Pont Aven............. no real problem as long as I get to Spain without having to quarantine in France (y)

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Vic, why are you always leaving us?

Hi Joy, its almost a year since I have been able to visit my small house and garden in Spain (I'm a non-resident there).

I'd rather drive than fly (hate airports) even though it costs more and I can stay as long as it takes to sort out what will be a jungle of a garden.

Hope you are well - have you been able to get out in your van?

xx

Metamorfosis

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 680g
I suppose from a business point of view they have to maximise profit in the southerly direction as the returning boats will be running at a loss with so few passengers at the moment coming to UK. It is understandable they consolidate bookings to fill their boats. As soon as Spain makes the green list I imagine the ferries will be bursting in both directions.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Joy, its almost a year since I have been able to visit my small house and garden in Spain (I'm a non-resident there).

I'd rather drive than fly (hate airports) even though it costs more and I can stay as long as it takes to sort out what will be a jungle of a garden.

Hope you are well - have you been able to get out in your van?

xx
Hi sunshine, went to Corfe for few days.... rained mor ing, noon and night! Have finally managed to see my daughter and little grandaughter again after 18month lockdown... :)..... Ecstatic. Read your posts . So lucky to be close with your sons.

I don't fly purely because I'm a wuss. :)

Getting old lark is no fun either. Keep safe, sunshine. X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back