Brittany Ferry Cancellations (1 Viewer)

Sep 6, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Low-profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Brexit Strikes!!! Just about to book ferries for April and have heard on Radio two news that Brittany Ferries have just cancelled 10,000 bookings in preparation of a "No Deal" in case of medicine supply problems. Has any one else heard this, will try and book my ferry to Spain tonight but think we may end up in Ireland as a back stop

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Brexit Strikes!!! Just about to book ferries for April and have heard on Radio two news that Brittany Ferries have just cancelled 10,000 bookings in preparation of a "No Deal" in case of medicine supply problems. Has any one else heard this, will try and book my ferry to Spain tonight but think we may end up in Ireland as a back stop
Don't think they have cancelled, just altered the sailing times

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And the times have only altered by a day at most. It is to do with the contract awarded by the Government and freeing up vessels to provide that service.

BBC News - Ferry firm amends bookings for extra Brexit crossings
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46946499

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Your not wrong there @DBK i thing everyone is getting fed up with the Brexit Bollocks Club!

C50C91A4-0495-4B06-8115-B1DFB7D5D994.jpeg

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Then people don't validate their comments before they post and continue to spread the muck!

Mick

Deleted User
I think BF are getting peed off with alarmist reporting from the BBC in particular. They've just posted this:
https://brittanyferriesnewsroom.com/brittany-ferries-moves-to-reassure-passengers/

Our sailing on 5 May has been put back one hour because of these changes which is no great hardship.

As an aside has anyone else noticed they recently added the colours of Eire to their logo? :)

I wish they would add Brittany Ferries Ireland into the Club Voyage scheme, thinking of doing a trip from Liverpool to Dublin(P&O) and then Cork to Roscoff in September.

I wonder if they are expecting the freight traffic to increase on the Irish routes after ******.

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Just more scare mongering, the world isn't going to stop or the sky fall in no matter what happens with Brexit.
The media all have there own hidden agendas and spread what nonsense they like .

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Bad weather in France currently affecting freight deliveries, probably due to Brexit.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The meaning of the word, 'Cancel' is unknown to the BBC.

They regularly talk of Football League matches being "Cancelled" Postponed maybe, cancelled, No.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like more Project Fear crap, I booked yesterday with BF to travel back to the UK in April, the booking went as normally, confirmation received immediately,

The fear mongers don't know when to stop . . . bloody whinging ba***ards !!!!,

Ken. :drink::drink::drink::drink:

Deleted User
Sounds like more Project Fear crap, I booked yesterday with BF to travel back to the UK in April, the booking went as normally, confirmation received immediately,

The fear mongers don't know when to stop . . . bloody whinging ba***ards !!!!,

Ken. :drink::drink::drink::drink:

Nice post......well done!!:)

This from the original BBC article

"Thousands of cross-channel ferry passengers have had their bookings amended to accommodate extra sailings in case of a no-deal Brexit."

Certain people that can't read or understand English have turned this factual article into something else.

Have a nice voyage

Steve494

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E530
Exp
Since 2008
Today I’ve booked a return BF journey to Spain in May/June.
I asked the guy about these cancellations/amendments and he said that they had done this because of “government requirements” (whatever that means)
However, he did say that any changes would only affect french crossings and not the Spanish ones. Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back