LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Who said anything about winter. We have a crossing booked for October, however the boss doesnt think we should go, so looking at putting back a year.
They haven't posted up any prices from November onwards.
Compare that to the Portsmouth-Santander route. BF have ferries scheduled to next October (2022) therefore you can assume that in the near future, BF are not running the Bilbao route after October.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
They haven't posted up any prices from November onwards.
Compare that to the Portsmouth-Santander route. BF have ferries scheduled to next October (2022) therefore you can assume that in the near future, BF are not running the Bilbao route after October.
Website says details coming soon. When I spoke with the customer services a few weeks back they did say ythere would be a limited schedule for 2022 out in early April with a full schedule to follow. I have to call them this morning to try and swap a motorcycle crossing from September to next April. Ill ask the question then.

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Word of warning .... i have now made the booking for next March and discovered the reason the high price i got quoted yesterday when attempting to book with the link in the Brittany email is because despite having to log on with my account details, no reduction was made to the price for being a Club Voyage member... i have now made the booking by logging in to the official website and the Membership reduction has been applied.... and the price is now back to sensible levels... so a word of caution...if you received the Brittany mail yesterday regarding 2022 crossings and try to book through those links...you may not receive the Club Voyage discount to the price... do it by logging on to the official website...
😉

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just got off the phone to BF. Confirmed that Portsmouth -Bilboa will be released next month.
Good business model.
Get us muppets to pay top dollar and then, when they've reeled us in, release the 'less expensive' (didn't say 'cheap') model.

Having said, the fare on the Galicia does include four meals per couple.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi guys
First time doing this on a ferry with dogs. We’ve booked a pet friendly inside cabin with 2 poos. Can anyone give me the low down/ etiquette on the ferry. Where we are allowed to go with 2 dogs. Are do you manage. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I've been looking at booking. But all the dates I want are gone as I need a pet friendly cabin. Fortunately I am not limited to the 90 days.

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
I've been looking at booking. But all the dates I want are gone as I need a pet friendly cabin. Fortunately I am not limited to the 90 days.
Yikes. They only came out yesterday. And is with that being flexible on dates.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Perhaps a chat with BF will reveal when their bookings will open on the Bilbao route.
They will have 'Pet Friendly' cabins.

Reactions: f6c
May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
yep just booked the new ship Galicia for the 4th January Portsmouth to Santander and return on the 3rd April same route and ship and with a Commodore cabin both ways , a bit pricy though at £1140 and that's after the 10% discount .
89 days away in total
We have also booked the same both ways with dog friendly cabin.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Yikes. They only came out yesterday. And is with that being flexible on dates.
I was looking at the 28th Dec, 4th January. We wanted to spend Xmas here and then go. As I say we are not limited to 90 days having Irish passports. It seems those limited to 90 days will book end Dec beginning January. We still have 4 Frequent traveller tickets to use by Jan 2022 so may end going by the tunnel. Still deciding though.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I was looking at the 28th Dec, 4th January. We wanted to spend Xmas here and then go. As I say we are not limited to 90 days having Irish passports. It seems those limited to 90 days will book end Dec beginning January. We still have 4 Frequent traveller tickets to use by Jan 2022 so may end going by the tunnel. Still deciding though.
I'm booked on the 28th December boat. All the 2 birth outer cabins gone! I booked 4 birth with tele....... £114 ouch!

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hi guys
First time doing this on a ferry with dogs. We’ve booked a pet friendly inside cabin with 2 poos. Can anyone give me the low down/ etiquette on the ferry. Where we are allowed to go with 2 dogs. Are do you manage. Thanks.
The dogs are restricted to the cabin other than to exercise in a small enclosed area on an outside deck and that’s it, very limited and the dogs muzzles must be on at all times outside the cabin.

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Just returned from Spain on the Galicia.Ship is spot on quiet and comfortable and the food is good. We had a pet friendly cabin which was ok. Kennel area bit cramped and quite a few unhappy dogs. Walking area is metal deck which the dogs find very strange. Nobody bothered with muzzles once boarded and staff seemed happy with that. Only used crossing because of the French situation and we didn't have the motorhome. Just for info it's worth checking the booking site for late availablity (it's a live system) as we only got our cabin 4 days before we travelled and everything was booked solid previously.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back