Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
i was having trouble amending my booking with Brittany Ferries on line. Probably due to site slow wifi

So I emailed Brittany Feries and four minutes later I received a reply from a lady called Clare saying it was sorted and a refund was on its way

Wow.

You often read here about companies doing things poorly so I just thought a pat on the back for them was justified

Well done Brittany Ferries. (y)(y)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have always found Brittany Ferries extremely helpful. Not many companies go the extra mile as they do.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Not crazy on the cost of the Portsmouth / Santander crossing prices but whenever we have had need to talk to them for enquiries or booking changes then we have also found them to be excellent.

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, the ferry costs have increased considerably over the last few years. Maybe something to do with lack of competition?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
looking back on my crossings plymouth to santander . crossing in oct -november returning end april next year. in 2003 it was 541 pounds
in2006 it was 562 pounds
in 2008 it was 613.
after joining the ferry club it dropped .
last year similar crossing 410 pounds .
looks like it could be up to 250 each way pricing the one way in oct at the moment for this year .
if going on a regular basis its worth joining the ferry club.
there was a extra charge added to the ferry companies a few years ago to do with emmisions but it wasnt their fault.
i have been using the same size vehicle nowf or 16 yrs and prices do fluctuate a bit .
there is a joining fee and an annual fee .

Deleted User
looking back on my crossings plymouth to santander . crossing in oct -november returning end april next year. in 2003 it was 541 pounds
in2006 it was 562 pounds
in 2008 it was 613.
after joining the ferry club it dropped .
last year similar crossing 410 pounds .
looks like it could be up to 250 each way pricing the one way in oct at the moment for this year .
if going on a regular basis its worth joining the ferry club.
there was a extra charge added to the ferry companies a few years ago to do with emmisions but it wasnt their fault.
i have been using the same size vehicle nowf or 16 yrs and prices do fluctuate a bit .
there is a joining fee and an annual fee .

If you paid £613 in 2008 without the members discount and £410 last year with the 30% discount, which would equate to a full fare of £586 then prices would seem to have dropped in the 8 years since 2008.

Anybody else got any figures, I don't use the Spanish routes that often but have been a member of Club Voyage France since 2008, I will check my figures but I am fairly sure the prices have steadily increased, my figures always include a cabin though and I know from previous posts that you do not use the cabins.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i never have a cabin . apart from one time brittany moved us to portsmouth and we ended up with one of the posh cabins free.
yes in some years its gone up and down .depends also on picking the right day to cross it can or used to vary week to week.
last year did seem a good one.
in 2005 i only booked an out bound to roscoff that was212.
the return from santander was 338.
i decided that being a club member was the best for me . taking the ferry to santander i can hardly drive through france at 16 mpg for the cost of the ferry. plus it saves miles wear and tear.
more useful if going to maroc as that can add a few extra miles on the clock. saves servicing when away. .
i did have a few guests use mine last year and i got an extra 30 quid off the 410 it was ideal.
my mate is the associate and we both enjoy the discounts .
mind having the mini artic or a fifth wheel is great . mine is only 10 mtr long and they allow 11mtr as a standard crossing for car and caravan. every year they measure it ,here and in santander . very often twice as it does look longer. couldnt have been designed better .
my mates ex prison truck as a m,home is only 6.5mtrs but costs more than mine .
havent got earlier crossing invoices . i dont really know why i started keeping them.

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
i was having trouble amending my booking with Brittany Ferries on line. Probably due to site slow wifi

So I emailed Brittany Feries and four minutes later I received a reply from a lady called Clare saying it was sorted and a refund was on its way

Wow.

You often read here about companies doing things poorly so I just thought a pat on the back for them was justified

Can I ask if you reschedule to a cheaper crossing do you get a refund.

Lynne

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Always found the same with DFDS. On the phone or instant email replies. Excellent service.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Pre motorhome days we were driving home from Spain and had used JD Lines Seacat service from Dover to Boulogne for the outward trip so thought we would go back that way. We pulled in on New Years Eve at an Aire nr Rouen and booked the Seacat online using a steam powered laptop. Turned up at Boulogne docks later that day and at check-in the French Lady said we have no trace of your booking? Further investigation showed I had in fact booked for New Years Day! "No Problem" she said "We have room. Happy New Year"
How refreshing but they stopped the service shortly afterwards!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Wow.

That was my experience, when the Pont Aven had its problems recently. They had a huge job contacting everyone and it wasn't instant, but having being bumped off the Sunday ferry to Spain we got one to France on Monday night. They've been good financially in recompense too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back