Brittany Ferries Thursday 14th and Friday 15th December (1 Viewer)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
  • Tomorrow’s 15.30 sailing from Bilbao to Portsmouth has been cancelled due to the inclement weather. Please call 0044 1752 648637 for help and advice

• We’re sorry to advise that Friday’s 17.00 Portsmouth-Santander sailing has been cancelled due to the inclement weather. Please call 01752 648637 for help and advice

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Which way were you planing to go Big Map?
Some have suggested that taking the Chunnel this time of year suits them best, but I suppose that depends on the state of the roads through France also.
Good luck which ever you chose.
Les

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Which way were you planing to go Big Map?
Some have suggested that taking the Chunnel this time of year suits them best, but I suppose that depends on the state of the roads through France also.
Good luck which ever you chose.
Les
We are using the Chunnel. I was posting this for information purposes for others because it came up on my twitter feed.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Al-Di I've tweeted BF it would appears Saturdays crossing from Santander is not effected and will run normally.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We received the dreaded sms yesterday late afternoon, now having to go to Caen and travel down through France as the next available boat was a week Friday which is a no go as that would eat into my 3 week xmas break before returning to work. Cant take longer as that was a struggle getting that, so we will be heading to Portsmouth late tomorrow evening to get the 22:30 boat which arrives in Caen around 06:45 then try and get throuogh France as quickly as possible into Spain and back on course. Hoping to cross near Biaritz or what ever its called :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We received the dreaded sms yesterday late afternoon, now having to go to Caen and travel down through France as the next available boat was a week Friday which is a no go as that would eat into my 3 week xmas break before returning to work. Cant take longer as that was a struggle getting that, so we will be heading to Portsmouth late tomorrow evening to get the 22:30 boat which arrives in Caen around 06:45 then try and get throuogh France as quickly as possible into Spain and back on course. Hoping to cross near Biaritz or what ever its called :)
Have you managed to get a cabin. If not and you have not done this crossing before I have some pointers that may make your night more comfortable

Reactions: f6c

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Have you managed to get a cabin. If not and you have not done this crossing before I have some pointers that may make your night more comfortable
Sorry only just seen this. We did get a cabin in the end though I am not sure I would get another if going this way again.

What’s the pointers as I am sure it will come in handy next time ?

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Sorry only just seen this. We did get a cabin in the end though I am not sure I would get another if going this way again.

What’s the pointers as I am sure it will come in handy next time ?

Thanks
We have used the overnight crossing twice last minute and no cabins available. The first trip we noticed many people carrying quilts and pillows up from their vehicles. They were then seen placing them around the edge of the Pullman seat lounges on the floor making beds, looked very comfy. We had the seats and can say not a comfy night sleep. The next night crossing we had our bedding from the MH and made up a nice bed and got a good five hours of sleep, so if you do that route overnight again consider this extra option. Hope you reached your destination without issue. We are sitting in Benidorm till the new year then exploring for a few months.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back